BattleTech (the new boxed sets/edition) A game of pew-pew stompy-stomp.

UtterConfusion

Rainbow Person
Validated User
If I'm playing just one person and there aren't too many 'mechs on the table, we'll just go through the declarations and remember what we said, if there is more to keep track of, I'll use little post it notes or other tokens near the targets. If there's one target just pencil/dry erase in a mark next to each weapon that's firing.

Gallowglacht

Validated User
That's a great point :) How is the scale/quality of the minis compared to the new boxed sets?
Don't have the new BT box yet, but the riflemen, whammies, archer and longbow look right scale wise and are nicely bulky unlike some of the older BT sculpts.

The stingers/wasps equivalents and marauders look too big.

CLAVDIVS

Postmodern Futurist
Validated User
Does anyone know how long it typically takes to hear back from CGL customer service? I emailed them a week ago about the busted minis in my boxed set but I haven't heard back yet.

Gallowglacht

Validated User
Does anyone know how long it typically takes to hear back from CGL customer service? I emailed them a week ago about the busted minis in my boxed set but I haven't heard back yet.

I have only tried to contact them once.
I waited months for an answer, well more of a response.
They apologized for the delay in getting back and assured me that there was a new, more responsive regime in place that provide high quality service in the future. The best service.
But, crucially, didn't bother answering the original question.
So I pretty much gave up on them...

VicenteC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
My new Battletech: A Game of Armored Combat only came with one reference sheet, instead of two (as advertised in the box itself). I have tried to contact CGL on their support form, their support email, their facebook page... No luck.

Cirlot

Validated User
. . . aaaaand my firm resolve vanished as soon as I actually looked up the new minis. Between the minis (OMG the MWO Locust! And the SHawk! And the Thud!) and the additional maps (I always want more maps) it was easier to just eat the price of the whole box set rather than end up trying to collect all the bits piecemeal, anyway.

I need to actually look up the Battletech group in Portland now, I own way, way too much BT for it to be played as infrequently as it is with just my home group.

EDIT: Checked the date on my prior post. I didn't even hold out two weeks. o_O Bargained well and done, Catalyst. Bargained well and done indeed.

Last edited:

swammeyjoe

Validated User
I was one of those folks who did the "Buy Two, get a third set of minis" promotion CGL did with the last box set (in 2014). Between those, another box set I picked up when I was out of state that Summer and wanted to play, and an older '08 box, I have well over a hundred mechs just from Starter Sets.

So of course I'm probably pick up two of each of these and give away the rulebooks and sheets to interested friends.

SirFozzie

Validated User
For those of you who want an update on the Fidelis, who the ilClan might actually be, and several characters who were thought dead after the Great Refusal, you may want to checkout Forever Faithful by Blaine Pardoe which released this week.

edit: If folks want, i can discuss the book in spoiler tags, but for folks who want to read it for themselves, do so. It's really an important book.

Per Andersson

Tired and emotional
Validated User
How are the plastic minis that comes with the box?

The posing looks more dynamic than the old metal mechs, but is the detailing any good, and does the plastic take paint well?

Samaritan

One of the good guys.
Validated User
For those of you who want an update on the Fidelis, who the ilClan might actually be, and several characters who were thought dead after the Great Refusal, you may want to checkout Forever Faithful by Blaine Pardoe which released this week.

edit: If folks want, i can discuss the book in spoiler tags, but for folks who want to read it for themselves, do so. It's really an important book.
Sure, I'd be interested in hearing- I'll be reading it eventually but I need to catch up a bit. :)

Top Bottom