Belated Realisations part 2: I Can't Believe It Took Me A Second Thread!

Sabermane

Proud Fianna knight of hope and peace
Validated User
Balrog is a better name for your end boss. I assume that's obvious.

M. Bison used to be the name of the boxing character that would look better with a face tattoo and a special attack that involves biting ears off.

(Ie: the character is Mike Tyson but if you name him that you might get sued)

Edit: I'll go with Albuquerque. All 15 minutes of it.

Deadstop

Validated User
Balrog is a better name for your end boss. I assume that's obvious.

M. Bison used to be the name of the boxing character that would look better with a face tattoo and a special attack that involves biting ears off.

(Ie: the character is Mike Tyson but if you name him that you might get sued)

Edit: I'll go with Albuquerque. All 15 minutes of it.
Oh wow. I’ve always read his name as “Monsieur Bison” (curse you, high school French), so it never occurred to me that the character was named after Mike Tyson.

Tumbleweed

Supporting Cast!
Validated User
OH OH OH. Are we still talking about Weird Al songs?

Because, well, "This Is The Life" is stupidly catchy-- and original, as far as I'm aware.

The song was commissioned for the Michael Keaton Gangster-spoof, Johhny Dangerously. Which ... is actually a rather fun flick? I wound up watching it on a flight's streaming service, of all things. So that's fun.

Raxmei

Rattus imperator
Validated User
The Mary Poppins song Feed The Birds isn't about feeding the birds. The song maintains the illusion that it's about buying crumbs to feed to hungry birds rather than about having pity on a poor old lady for much the same reason that she sells crumbs. The old lady sells worthless bags of crumbs for a pittance because it's more dignified than begging. The song can't be directly about her or else that would break the illusion.

Blizzardborn

Hiding in a snowdrift
Validated User
OH OH OH. Are we still talking about Weird Al songs?

Because, well, "This Is The Life" is stupidly catchy-- and original, as far as I'm aware.

The song was commissioned for the Michael Keaton Gangster-spoof, Johnny Dangerously. Which ... is actually a rather fun flick? I wound up watching it on a flight's streaming service, of all things. So that's fun.
It's a silly film that holds up really well in most facets. There's a few points that are real clunkers now, though.

s/LaSH

RPGnet Member
Validated User
The Mary Poppins song Feed The Birds isn't about feeding the birds. The song maintains the illusion that it's about buying crumbs to feed to hungry birds rather than about having pity on a poor old lady for much the same reason that she sells crumbs. The old lady sells worthless bags of crumbs for a pittance because it's more dignified than begging. The song can't be directly about her or else that would break the illusion.
It's not even directed at the people in the room at the time she sings it. Mary is using the Banks children as a vector to save their father's soul. I mean, she outright starts invoking the approval of saints and apostles halfway through: "although you can't see it, you know they are smiling/ Each time someone shows that he cares". Not saying who, exactly! Just someone. Someone who might be working in a bank near the cathedral. Hmm.

petros

Validated User
It's not even directed at the people in the room at the time she sings it. Mary is using the Banks children as a vector to save their father's soul. I mean, she outright starts invoking the approval of saints and apostles halfway through: "although you can't see it, you know they are smiling/ Each time someone shows that he cares". Not saying who, exactly! Just someone. Someone who might be working in a bank near the cathedral. Hmm.
A little re-distribution helps the economy, go round!

The economy, go round!

The economy, go round!

(it sounds okay when the emphasis is on the 're-' and you say 'economy' quickly)

(as if I needed another reason to love and idolize Mary Poppins)

Top Bottom