• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Belated Realisations part 2: I Can't Believe It Took Me A Second Thread!

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I just realized that 'Dangermouse' is a play on 'Dangerous'.
It may be, but I think more directly it's a play on Danger Man, the spy show Patrick McGoohan was in before The Prisoner:

When it was rebroadcast in the US, they retitled it as Secret Agent:

SunlessNick

Mildly Darkened One
Validated User
It may be, but I think more directly it's a play on Danger Man, the spy show Patrick McGoohan was in before The Prisoner:
I've not watched a lot of The Prisoner, but one fan has told me there's a scene where two of the bad guys are discussing No 6, and one of them accidentally refers to him by his name (from Danger Man) before being corrected.

LoneWolf23

Validated User
I've not watched a lot of The Prisoner, but one fan has told me there's a scene where two of the bad guys are discussing No 6, and one of them accidentally refers to him by his name (from Danger Man) before being corrected.
I believe it's a fan theory that both characters might be the same spy, during his career and after he was taken to the village.

Taraqual

Words words words
Validated User
I believe it's a fan theory that both characters might be the same spy, during his career and after he was taken to the village.
Fan theory that McGoohan himself liked to hint at, both in the show and outside it. Although it's hard to say that he genuinely meant it to be that way, or just recognized the links and thought it was funny. He was kind of like that.

Chucky

Chupa-thingy
Validated User
Fan theory that McGoohan himself liked to hint at, both in the show and outside it. Although it's hard to say that he genuinely meant it to be that way, or just recognized the links and thought it was funny. He was kind of like that.
Also wasn't at least one of the inspirations for The Prisoner someone asking him at a party jokingly so what does a secret agent do now that he's retired, and McGoohan thinking to himself that's a good question?

csyphrett

Validated User
If there is a scene like that, it's not really a fan theory any more.
I don't think there's a scene like that, but show historians point out the mind switch story was because McGoohan was doing Ice Station Zebra, the western was because McGoohan wanted to do a western, and the Girl who Was Death was a recycled script from Danger Man with Drake's sidekick in on the action
CES

JoeNotCharles

Validated User
I don't think there's a scene like that, but show historians point out the mind switch story was because McGoohan was doing Ice Station Zebra, the western was because McGoohan wanted to do a western, and the Girl who Was Death was a recycled script from Danger Man with Drake's sidekick in on the action
I found a complete description of the scene, so it seems to exist: https://scifi.stackexchange.com/a/65431. (Unless the person posting that large rant is just lying or delusional - it has that kind of tone.)

It could just be a flub by the actor they never caught in editing, though.

Chaomancer

CotTS High Magician
Validated User
I found a complete description of the scene, so it seems to exist: https://scifi.stackexchange.com/a/65431. (Unless the person posting that large rant is just lying or delusional - it has that kind of tone.)

It could just be a flub by the actor they never caught in editing, though.
The scene exists, but I don't think it does name the character. Having just rewatched it, though, I admit the line is unclear - it sounds to me like "Report to me in the morning break" but it could be "report to me in the morning, Drake" like the link says.

Given that the efforts gone to in The Prisoner to avoid naming Number Six at any point, I'm fairly sure that's just an unclear recording.

Top Bottom