Best/Favorite Dice Rolling App for Android Phones

GodEmperorDrothan

formerly Xereaux
Validated User
I use DiceCruncher and like it. It’s no frills, but it has multiple modes useful for standard rolling, FATE dice, and White Wolf-style target numbers. I haven’t used many others to compare it with, though, but it works well for me. It looks to be only for iOS, though.

IanWatson

Pharos
Validated User
Onyx Path's official dice app, Onyx Dice.

App's free, and handles Storyteller (World of Darkness and Exalted variants), Storytelling (Chronicles of Darkness), and Storypath (Scion/Trinity Continuum) rules variants, and you can tweak it using any of the expected paramaters. Want rerolls on a 5, and double successes on a 7? You can do that. Includes roll history, and you can use two different kinds of dice per roll.

Comes with three dice types: black, white, and red. You can purchase cosmetically-themed dice for Vampire: The Masquerade, Werewolf: The Apocalypse, Mage: The Ascension, Wraith: The Oblivion, Changeling: The Dreaming (2 designs), Hunter: The Reckoning, Solar Exalted, Dragon-Blooded, Lunar Exalted, Vampire: The Requiem, Mage: The Awakening, Promethean: The Created, Hunter: The Vigil, Demon: The Descent,
and Scion. Additional "premium" dice exist for Werewolf: The Apocalypse ("Umbral"), Mage: The Ascension ("Resonance"), Wraith: The Oblivion ("Plasm"), Changeling: The Dreaming ("Nightmare"), Solar Exalted ("Anima"), Dragon-Blooded ("Civil War"), and Lunar Exalted ("Moonlight").

Comes with two table surfaces: wood and marble. You can purchase cosmetically-themed tabletops for Vampire: The Masquerade, Hunter: The Reckoning, Exalted, Mage: The Awakening, Promethean: The Created, and Demon: The Descent.

There's no limit to the size of the dice pool beyond what your phone can handle, as far as I know. I've rolled a pool of 100 dice with no issues.

avram

Validated User
If you just want random numbers, and don't care about nice dice animations, I like CritDice. Simple calculator-like interface, saves a history, allows you to define favorites in categories (so you can have different sets of easily-rolled dice for different games). There's a set of simple dice rolls (like 3d6) you get for free, but you have to upgrade for access to things like Fate dice and roll-and-keep. If you're using a tablet, you get a multi-pane view so you have access to the history, favorites, and main roll-defining interface all on the same screen.

For fancy animated dice-rolling, I've been using Dice 3D, which is usable and allows saved sets, but has a few bugs. The color-picking pop-up doesn't all fit on my screen, so some colors are inaccessible to me. And the feature that displays the sum of the dice doesn't seem to work for Fate dice. I could definitely use a better animated dice-roller.

Ominous presence

Validated User
I use the free version of DnDice. Even the free version has some customizability and it worked well even on my Galaxy S5 before I upgraded.

Top Bottom