• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC BFRPG - Morgansfort

drkrash

Fighter
Validated User
This is the OOC thread for the Morgansfort campaign.

Players:

The Wyzard
kritch
Damian May
thirdkingdom
TheophilusCarter
Chuk
Ziven of Nine
Ryan L

I can repost the house rules (such as they are) from the Recruitment thread if necessary.

Because this is pbp, I have chosen the adventure beginning that glosses over your gathering in the fortress of Morgansfort (your first base of operations) and basically plopped you at the door to the dungeon.

As soon as we have a caller, we can dive in.

Ryan L.

Let's plot together
Validated User
I'm in Central Europe so probably not the best idea to have me as the caller.

So...not it!

thirdkingdom

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Present. The games I play in typically do not have a caller but instead function using majority rules. It is best if characters make statements that present a clear option to move forward and everyone else votes on said proposal. As soon as a majority is achieved (five out of eight PCs, in this case) the game is moved forward. Obviously, if one objects one should present a counter-proposal instead of simply poo-pooing.

thirdkingdom

RPGnet Member
Validated User
We need a marching order. dk, two questions: will you allow the second rank to attack in melee with spears/polearms and will you allow the second rank to cast spells over the shoulders of those in the front?

drkrash

Fighter
Validated User
Present. The games I play in typically do not have a caller but instead function using majority rules. It is best if characters make statements that present a clear option to move forward and everyone else votes on said proposal. As soon as a majority is achieved (five out of eight PCs, in this case) the game is moved forward. Obviously, if one objects one should present a counter-proposal instead of simply poo-pooing.
This works too, and if this has worked for you in other similar games, then let's go with this. Obviously, the idea is to make sure decisions don't get bogged down with 8 voices so we can have a definitive plan without waiting too long. As it works out, that probably means the North American players are going to have more of a say in direction, but that is still probably best for the game overall.

Speaking of North America, when I run games, I like it if I can have even the smallest sense of a person beyond their user name. I invite people to at least post their time zone and what decade of life they are in.

I don't mind sharing more: My name is Christopher, I'm a married 46-year old father of 2 gamer boys, and an academic.

drkrash

Fighter
Validated User
We need a marching order. dk, two questions: will you allow the second rank to attack in melee with spears/polearms and will you allow the second rank to cast spells over the shoulders of those in the front?
Based on the rules in BFRPG, a 10' hallway will allow 2 people to fight side by side. I will definitely allow second ranks to use spears and polearms. I'm also going to allow spells. As for missile weapons, if shooting over a dwarf or Halfling, I'll assume no issues. Otherwise, the loose rule in BFRPG suggests that this can't be done without a chance to hit an ally on a miss.

I may revisit this, but for now, this is what I'm going to go with.

TheophilusCarter

Milliner and Haberdasher
Validated User
I'm cool with majority rule rather than a caller.

Yor should probably hang toward the back, not having any offensive spells.

My real name is Evan, btw, but I'm cool with my user name or "Theo." I'm 44, started with the Holmes set (with module B2 and those damn chits ... ), married, no kids, three cats, and I'm also an academic (philosophy prof).

Ryan L.

Let's plot together
Validated User
I don't have a long weapon so I guess Eamon is up front and ready to take a sharp/blunt instrument to the face.

I'm Ryan. I'm married with 2 boys and 1 girl. I'm 37 and I work in IT as a server administrator and SharePoint developer.

Chuk

Truthful and Just
Validated User
Based on the rules in BFRPG, a 10' hallway will allow 2 people to fight side by side. I will definitely allow second ranks to use spears and polearms. I'm also going to allow spells. As for missile weapons, if shooting over a dwarf or Halfling, I'll assume no issues. Otherwise, the loose rule in BFRPG suggests that this can't be done without a chance to hit an ally on a miss.
Jimbo is probably too delicate to be in the front although maybe it would be for the best so people can shoot over him.

My real name is actually Chuk, I'm a married father of 4 who is 44 and I work in an academic library, I'm in Pacific time zone. Started gaming in 1981 or so with the Basic boxed set.

Top Bottom