• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Black Harbour - Seeking early design process feedback

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
OK, that document is bigger than I can get into right now and frankly a bit large in general for soliciting non-specific feedback. That said it looked interesting enough that I'll probably poke at it later when I have more time.

Observations from the first few pages:
The introduction that tells me 'what' I'm doing in the game should also give me some context for that. Fantasy, Historic, Sci-Fi, etc. OR specify that the game is meant to be used in multiple setting type to be decided by the group. I got as far as Phenotype and Races and thought I would get a clue there, but all I have are proper nouns by which to identify the 'races' but no description to tell me what they are. This information should ideally be introduced up front for a document presented to folk unfamiliar with your game or its terms.

Personal Note:
I hate exploding dice, but I kinda like what you are doing by combining exploding dice (crits) with disappearing dice (botches). Size of dice pools and playtesting will determine whether it's brilliant, meh, or disastrous, but I like the concept enough that I would continue to work to make it work in some format if the initial testing doesn't go smooth.

Luck to you.

BlackHarbour

Thank you very much for taking the time!

There are big holes, and I'll take into account your suggestions about where to put what as I fill it out.

Really appreciate the feedback, thanks again!

Top Bottom