I'll just repost John Harper's comment on Reddit:
- I helped out my friends on KS projects (without pay) by making stretch goal content for them. They returned the favor on the Blades project. It was friends helping each other out. This was not "for exposure." Working for exposure is bullshit.
- This was the default for many RPG kickstarters. I can think of more than a dozen that worked this way. It didn't occur to me to explain the idea of friends doing favors, since none of the KS projects before me had. It was a blind spot. I'm sorry about that.
- All the stretch goals will be fulfilled. Either by the authors that promised them, or failing that, someone else. Nothing has been dropped.
- Yes, they're taking a long time. The delay in completing the core game definitely delayed the extra content.
- Six stretch goals are available now: The Leech, The Spider, Ryan's Maps, Vigilantes, Scum & Villainy, and Blades Against Darkness. I am totally willing to pay authors if that will expedite the work for anyone.
- To everyone who's frustrated: I feel the same way. I'm sorry for causing that feeling.
- To anyone who feels cheated: If there's anything I can do now to make things right with you, please let me know.