IC [Blades in the Dark] Orc's Tygers

Nick the Nevermet

Concept Monger
Validated User
#21
"I dunno, whiskey seems to always be in demand."

Miller looks down the hall, exhales strong, and looks back at the woman. "Fine. Deal. I'm looking for a certain Tycherosi vagrant, but you know that. Do you have any suggestions on how to find her?"


OOC: Miller is accepting the devil's bargain, and I'm thinking Survey would be the right action?
 

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
#23
The would be infiltrator lifts their arms slowly and puts their hands against the wall of the jail, muttering in a distorted voice, "I knew I should have counted from the water. Every damn fool would be up on the Grinder's offer, not realizing this has to go fast and clean. Before the damn thing in the Stranger wakes up and either hops their way somewhere they shouldn't or does something worse." What do you do with the person at your mercy? Ask them something further? Something else?

OOC:
We've got a new clock at 1 segment of "The Damn Thing Wakes Up". Things are also Desperate now in general for the time being. The clock segment can be resisted and there's enough relevant gear options and so forth that plenty are plausible potential precautions or the like.


Inside the jail, "Oh that one. Poor dear. Absolutely adorable, even with the spines. Dragged into the cellar, the wet parts I wager. You're looking for narrow passages down, easy to blockade in case something goes bad down there. The deepest and darkest I wager—they seemed concerned with her and eager to keep her drugged up."

With her direction, Miller handily finds the passage down, plunging through damper and damper stones. Stinking of mushrooms, but not the type that you'd want to cultivate unless you were a poisoner, the passage leads three stories beneath the waters of the canal. The ink black water seeps in slowly, making the conditions absolutely miserable. There's only one cell at the bottom, an almost oubliette that raises disturbing questions. What does Miller have for illumination?
 
Last edited:

Nick the Nevermet

Concept Monger
Validated User
#24
Miller frowns at the wet stench of this place. He takes out his lantern* and begins to light it.

"Is there someone down here who can speak?"

OOC: Lantern = 1 of my load
 
#25
"Oh it will go fast and clean alright but it will be my bullet through yer skull if I see one move toward a weapon. Yer lucky I'm feeling generous else you would already be dead."

Bottles pads the character down and confiscates anything he deems as a danger.
 
#26
"Now then, ye know this girl is important just like I do. Ye also know the bluecoats are going to fuck this up this situation once they realize what they got. I'd be willin' to forget the fact ya stepped onto MY street in MY city without askin' if ye keep being smart and not try anythin' stupid."

"Ye got two choices in front of ya. Either do what I say when I say it and ye might find that we have a common goal OR swim back the way ye came and we both forget each other."
 

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
#27
Miller's light shows a Tycherosi woman—young seeming—dressed in what look to be tattered alchemist clothes, including a very badly damaged leather apron. While her eyes do not seem to be reacting to the light, there are barbed spines along her arms that are reacting, flexing as if anticipating a fight. It occurs to Miller that she's down in here not because of any sense the Bluecoats had about what value she might have but because trying to handle her probably meant overly enthusiastic officers got a taste of the barbs. There are certainly irregular blank spots that suggest loss form someone pulling back quickly, and dragging the barbed beauties with them.

The words seem to get a reaction, "We're…I'm here," she answers in a weak voice. "Are you letting me out?"


The would be infiltrator endures the pat down. They've got a cheap intrusion kit—mostly flexible metal and other such things—but the eel skin suit leaves little room to hide anything and they're not wearing a belt to hold anymore. When the examination is done and the threat is made they sigh and say, "Fine. Good luck with what you're hauling out. Hope you know how to deal with it and are smart enough to not sell to the Grinders." With that they plunge back into the dark water and vanish.
 
#28
Mr Bottles grumbles to himself, "I knew how to deal with yer mum last night well enough." Realizing that the clock is still running he goes back to scanning the street for threats and for an escape route. With luck Miller and Locke will be ready to get out of there soon.
 

Nick the Nevermet

Concept Monger
Validated User
#29
Miller's light shows a Tycherosi woman—young seeming—dressed in what look to be tattered alchemist clothes, including a very badly damaged leather apron. While her eyes do not seem to be reacting to the light, there are barbed spines along her arms that are reacting, flexing as if anticipating a fight. It occurs to Miller that she's down in here not because of any sense the Bluecoats had about what value she might have but because trying to handle her probably meant overly enthusiastic officers got a taste of the barbs. There are certainly irregular blank spots that suggest loss form someone pulling back quickly, and dragging the barbed beauties with them.

The words seem to get a reaction, "We're…I'm here," she answers in a weak voice. "Are you letting me out?"
"That's the general plan, yes, so there's no need to use those spines on me."

Miller quirks an eyebrow. "Right?"
 

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
#30
"Right," she answers. "I just want to get out of this cell." Miller, how do you plan on getting her out of there? It is a pretty sturdy cell.
 
Top Bottom