IC [Blades in the Dark] Orc's Tygers

Nick the Nevermet

Concept Monger
Validated User
Miller nods back to the Tycherosi woman. "Working on it."

Miller goes in search of keys by tracing his steps. He would imagine the would either be near the entrance of the jail, or with the clerk.

OOC: ...This is going well.
 

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
Where do you intend to look for the keys first?

Regardless—on the way back up the steps you hear voices echoing from above. "Damn it, did they toss her in the dank?" Maybe the speaker just passed the entrance, maybe they are far off and the echo brought it to you. What do you do?

Lock, Vey is starting to look very nervous as the hour of honor starts to come to its end and no one has come for the prisoner she said was getting collected by the Spirit Wardens.
 

Nick the Nevermet

Concept Monger
Validated User
Miller nods sympathetically at the caged girl before quickly going up the stairs.

If he is greeted by officers or other people in the hallway who do not look like escaped prisoners, he nods at them "Yeah, they did. Have you seen her? Covered in spikes that retract into her skin. All sorts of trouble."

If he sees noone in the cells, Miller walks to the front desk where the clerk was.

OOC: If another option, well... we'll see.
 

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
It is a solid option—but the key question is how are you avoiding—or dealing with—the other group that's trying to find where the girl is? You can hear them—they don't seem to care to be particularly stealthy. You'd guess they're a trio by sound alone.
 

Nick the Nevermet

Concept Monger
Validated User
OOC: I'm sorry, i think I missed something.

The people Miller is hearing talk about the Tycherosi aren't the people about to collect her on behalf of the Spirit Wardens?
 

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
OOC:
It is supposed be somewhat ambiguous IC, but for clarity's sake: there is a group of people who have no idea where they're going trying to get her, the group that the lady in the cell mentioned to you. There's nobody else moving around. So it seems that there's something fishy going on. Either that or the Spirit Wardens subcontracted to some really inept folks.
 

Nick the Nevermet

Concept Monger
Validated User
OOC: Miller has 1 Finesse. Would it be risky or desperate if he had burglary supplies and tried to pick the lock?
 

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
OOC:
Desperate—it doesn't depend on how good you are per se, the situation is currently Desperate. Though it has full effect because the locks down there are mostly for not being brute forced open, as opposed to being particularly tricky to pick.
 

Nick the Nevermet

Concept Monger
Validated User
OOC: I'll try it then, and Miller will push himself


Miller frowns and produces a set of lockpicks from inside his bluecoat jacket.

He hooks the lantern to the cell, crouches near the lock, and before beginning, he looks to the Tycherosi. ".... I have done this before."

And with that, he carefully works the lock.
 

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
The lock is sturdy and would be hell to force, but it is clear that the place in general is meant to keep people in. With a deft hand and the right tool, Miller gets it open quickly and quietly enough. The young woman was quiet and pressed toward the back of the cell until the lock clicks open.

"Where are you taking me?" she asks as he finishes up.
 
Top Bottom