IC [Blades in the Dark] Orc's Tygers

Nick the Nevermet

Concept Monger
Validated User
"Well," Miller says before standing and putting away the picks. "Somewhere safe for now. And then we'll figure out what next. I'll be honest with you*: our motivations aren't really about you. It's about the fact that the Bluecoats have you, and we don't like the Bluecoats, and other people want you that we like even less. People who squeeze value out of someone the way you'd squeeze juice from a fruit, until just crushed pulp remains."

Miller opens the door, and grins darkly. "We only want to turn the mighty into pulp."
 

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
She raises an eyebrow but seems clever enough not to get into too much of a discussion given the circumstances. Said circumstances still involve getting her out with the other group moving about upstairs.
 

Nick the Nevermet

Concept Monger
Validated User
Miller closes his eyes and contacts Mr. Bottles through the Shadows.
We have company inside. Probably not Spirit Wardens, but not sure. This will get messy. I think it's become open season on our quarry
OOC: Spends 1 stress


Miller sighs and looks to the Tycherosi. "I'm not sure how to convince you of this, but it is the truth: We mean you no harm, we like the idea of ruining the plans of the Blue Coats and the Spirit Wardens, and it appears many other people are interested in taking you, and many of them will be less caring of your wellbeing than we are. I want to get you out of here, safely, which means we need to be quiet."
 
*grumble grumble grumble*

Bottles goes back to the area where he stopped the eel suit infiltrator looking around to if he can see if there is some hidden entrance he (or she) was going to use.

OOC: I'd like to look at doing a survey roll if possible
 

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
It is clear that they were after an underwater entrance way, but that plus the location gives enough to at least start figuring out what they were looking for. And sure enough, there does seem to be something worth checking out—maybe a door modified so it wouldn't take on water, just the edge of it visible before the inky water obscures anything else.

While looking, the walkway suddenly lurches, threatening to put you into the canal. It isn't immediately clear if something landed on it heavily elsewhere, the currents twisted wildly, or whatever else might cause such motion. However given everything involved it seems unlikely to be only ill-luck.

OOC:
It was a risky, full effect roll because piggybacking on the other's work is clever. But it didn't turn out so good.

There's 1-Harm on the line—water logged or the like, you can resist it to avoid going into the water entirely or to go into the water in a way that won't hinder you later on. But resistance risks stress.

It is also back to desperate for most things for you, plus the 'Prisoner Collected' clock goes up by one tick. On the plus side, you are indeed right by something you might be able to use as a not so obvious way in if that's what you want (though it requires being in the water to go through).
 
Last edited:
Mr. Bottles reminds himself he is a crude instrument as he grits his teeth, holds his breath, and pushes his way though the closed door. He shrugs off what damage he can and shows the city what a follower of Orc can do.

OOC: I'll resist stress with prowess (2 dice) and I'll push myself with Not to be Trified With into opening or destroying the door.
 

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
The water parts easily for Mr. Bottles, causing barely even a splash, and letting him get into position for what follows.

OOC:
No stress from that, so that's good. No idea if it will let me roll twice so I'm just going to do a second post for the active part.
 
Last edited:

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
The door at first seems as solid as the wall as a whole but as the pushing continues past the initial impact it crumples, taking a bunch of the wall with it and in a rush of water and shattered stone, Mr. Bottles tumbles into the cell recently vacated by the Tycherosi vagrant. The water keeps coming in, and will eventually flood at least this basement cell. Someone is definitely going to notice that in the morning.

And from the noises that both followers of Orc in the area can hear it seems like somebody upstairs may have heard as well.

OOC:
Ain't it always the way. Since it was a desperate roll of Wreck you do get to mark experience at least, and it is technically a success.

To be clear, the position is somewhat blown to the others. Another collection segment marked.

And +1 Heat for the job, because lasting damage to the jail is going to demand answers. But you've got two together, no harm, and while things are still Desperate you're at least not currently straight up cornered or otherwise in a place of general reduced effect.


At the front desk there is a loud thunk, which makes Vey cringe, but quickly suppress the reaction.
 
Last edited:
"That was satisfying. I never liked that wall in the first place."

Bottles pulls out his pistol and spits, "Yer wanted an exit? Get moving while I hold off any fools who want extra holes in their bodies." He takes the most defensible position he can find and gets ready to cover everyone's escape.
 

Nick the Nevermet

Concept Monger
Validated User
The chaotic explosion of Bottles' entrance startles the Tycherosi somewhat, and Miller grins. Entropy for the Masters, for they have so much they should fall.

"...An exit would be good, yes. Thank you."

He turns to the Tycherosi. "I'll go first. You stay between me & our miner," Miller says, referring to Bottles.
 
Top Bottom