IC Blank Sheet [5e]

thorya

Statistical out-liar
Validated User
OOC: lorddaftwager lorddaftwager , I have the same thing happen sometimes. It's very annoying.


The hunter is confused by Jurai's terse speech. But when she holds up the holy symbols and commands that he speaks, he seems to get some hope. "Oh, you're priests. You couldn't have killed Jasin. We just, ah, we made a mistake. Please, let me tell the other hunters and call off the hounds. Before they make a mistake. And we can go looking for the other hunters."

OOC: Stormraven Stormraven , were you trying to do something specific with the holy symbol? I assumed it was intimidation.


He is watching for Jurai's reaction as, Denholm comes barrelling through the trees. The man flinches and says, "Uh, that's what the hounds call me. On account of, well, the backscratching."


Beso watches Denholm go. He says to Imica, "Your friends are dumb. We don't go to back-scratcher, he comes to us. He gives us the smell and we find it. Then he and the others come with the arrows. And they cut out the heart. Ohhhhhh." The dog tilts its head at Imica, trying to piece something together.
 

Stormraven

Mystical Atheist
Validated User
OOC: Nope, no intimidation, she was literally trying to do what happened - figured if they weren't possessed, that the holy symbol would show that she and her friends weren't, either.
 

Medley

Asking for it
Banned
Validated User
OOC: I'm just imagining a human face stretched out over a dog's snout, so it's hard for me to conjure any positive feelings about this creature lol


"Ah! But enough about that," Imica sputters out in Sylvan, immediately pulling up the creature's dirty shirt and going for the belly rub takedown maneuver, pointedly ignoring the chicken skin texture as she does so. "We've just become friends, haven't we? It's not nice to talk about other people while you're spending time with your friends, right? How about you tell me where else you like to be scratched instead?"

As Imica feigns excitement over playing with the creature, though, she becomes increasingly worried that's she's badly miscalculated this. Other hunters with the other dogs? Crud. She hadn't accounted for that. As bruised and tired as she still is, unable to take an opportunity for rest, Imica is hardly in a position to fight again.

She looks around for her options, but all she sees is the horse, with Ressa and Tensit still laid out over the saddle. Taking the horse and abandoning the others is clearly not an option. Whatever Jurai plans to do, Imica hopes she does it fast, so if the need arises they can hightail it out of here.
 

thorya

Statistical out-liar
Validated User
OOC: It's not that ugly. It's more like a bull dog or pug, with a very flat snout.
 

thorya

Statistical out-liar
Validated User
Beso considers Imica's statement and then seems to come to a decision. He says, "I'll ask Feeder and Shaver when they get here. They're very smart." Then he asks, "Do you have any tasty hearts or livers for us to eat?"

OOC: Can I get another Handle Animal roll or Persuasion? If you have anything you can give the dog to eat, you get advantage.


Shortly later, the other dogs burst through the trees shouting excitedly, "Over here!" "Found them!" "HERE! HERE!"

OOC: The hunter Jurai captured wants to go call off the hounds and other hunters, or at least that's what he says. Are you letting him go or holding him there as the hounds arrive?
 

Medley

Asking for it
Banned
Validated User
OOC: Oh, well then, let's try conjuring up some positive feelings now...


Imica suppresses an urge to gulp nervously while she reaches for her bag, fishing out one of her rations and offering it to the man dog. As she does so, her eyes catch a bit of sun reflecting off of her brass bangle, to her surprise. In the midst of things, she had forgotten that she needn't be so afraid, and smiles a bit as she touches it tenderly. Then she spots in her pack a flask, one that she had filled with the water from Lycanous's river, the drink of regrets. She takes that out too and she turns to look at the man dog, lolling around rather contentedly. Almost certainly, this creature hadn't always had this form, but if it had been something different before then it seems to have forgotten so. So Imica formulates a gamble. Perhaps seeing the memories of others might provoke in the creature some memories of its own. She unwraps the greased paper covering the travel ration, then pours out a finger of the river water into her hand.

"Here you go, friend," she says, holding out the water in her cupped hand. "Have a drink with that, too."

As the other man dogs emerge into the glade, Imica steels her resolve and hopes for the best, though she rests a hand on the longsword at her side.

OOC: Animal Handling (w/ adv): 2d20k1+5 25
 

thorya

Statistical out-liar
Validated User
The hunter nods at Jurai, "Yeah, okay."

He turns and yells, "Call off the dogs! Stop the hunt! Mirida pull back!"

He calls a few more times as the dogs get closer.

There is an answering call, "Karven? What's going on?"

Three hunters with drawn bows are looking out from the trees.

He answers, "Mirida, they have an enchanter. She bewitched Beso easily. Pull the others back."

Mirida seems shocked, "That's impossible. The wizard said no magic could compel them."

"Mirida, they said they're here to hunt bandits."




Beso is extremely excited by the gifted of food. He eats it greedily, forgetting his previous thoughts that they might actually be enemies quickly. He gulps down the water as well. There does not appear to be any immediate effect of that.

The other dogs come forward, teeth bared. One dog asks, "Where is the deer or the raccoon-bear?" The others call to their handlers. They rush around Imica, doing circles and crying out excitedly. One notices the rations and begins licking the paper as Imica stands by as a commanding presence. One of the dogs sniffs her and gives a confused look, "Shaver said hunt, not rescue. Where is the prey?"

OOC: I forgot to say the first dog, Beso, shrank back to normal size and the green flames vanished after about a minute.
 
Last edited:

Medley

Asking for it
Banned
Validated User
Imica can't help but grin in relief that the others are just as playful as the first, though she's quite sorry that there are more creatures like this, if it is the result of a curse as she suspects. Getting over the momentary shock, she warms herself up to the newcomers by observing them for a bit, and then she rubs her hands over the cheeks of the dog that sniffs her.

"Just a misunderstanding, I think," she says with a smile. "Let's see...would you be Feeder, then?" Turning to the other three dogs, she goes on, "That makes one of you Shaver, and the other one, I don't know. And I think I haven't gotten your name yet either. Was the food alright?" She reaches into her pack for another travel ration, undoing the twine and paper as before, and offers it to the other three man dogs. "Would you all mind answering some questions, for a friend? How many of you are there? How many backscratchers do you all have? And..." She pauses to consider the last one. "Does the name Lycanous mean anything to you?"
 
Top Bottom