• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Blood & Treasure

Dweller in Darkness

Excelsior
Validated User
As of, IIRC, last week's episode, Laroquette finally started to seem like he might be playing a different character... Or maybe just his Librarians character playing the role of "shady international billionaire in the antiquities trade"...

Old Toby
Least Known Dog on the Net
Well, given the storyline for his character on The Librarians, that tracks.

Mantisking

BosTan Cat Herder
Validated User
Got the girlfriend caught up over the weekend. We both really like this show because it's fun. Slightly tongue-in-cheek, cheesy -- but in a good way -- and Lexi and Gwen can kick ass when necessary.

Ficino

Rascally Rabbit
Validated User
Lexi and Gwen can kick ass when necessary.
Gwen certainly got to do some serious kicking in last night's episode, including a throw-down with Lexi.

On the whole, I thought this was a weaker episode. It was nice to have Shaw back, though he was not as well-used as previously, and the subplot with Hardwick/James Callis looks to be interesting. Otherwise, it was maybe a bit too straightforward, with too few comic moments.

Also, what was Salim le Mer, the Casablancan crimelord, or whatever, arrested for? O.K., he's a crimelord, but none of his dealings with our heroes (limited as those were) seemed particularly illegal.

Dweller in Darkness

Excelsior
Validated User
I think they were trying a little too hard to get their Casablanca references in and skipped out on actually making a great episode of television. It was … fine. Not offensively bad, certainly, but not up to par.

Old Toby

Validated User
Well Blood & Treasure will get a second season!
Honestly, I wasn't expecting that! It seemed right up the line of "shows Old Toby likes that get snuffed out after a single, too brief, season"...

On other notes, Gwen seems... over-cast and over-skilled for the rather limited narrative role of "rigid agent of the law" she's played so far. Maybe she's a mole for a, um (Interpol,Reese,Farouk,Brotherhood,Hardwick,doesShawcount?nah...) sixth party. Or possibly the same party as Hardwick... Or maybe she's Farouk's mole? Presumably working on the "last person you'd suspect" model, but...

Come to think of it, has Farouk's ideology ever been specified? He has a lot of signifiers suggesting Islamic fundamentalism, but I don't think that's been clearly stated...

Old Toby

bentleyml

Strange Apparition
Validated User
I think they've stayed clear of spelling out his exact ideology to keep things politically clean, if that makes sense.

As to Gwen, I think she is one of the few people in the show that are what they appear to be.

As to the show being renewed, I was shocked myself. Saw one of the show runners post it.

Old Toby

Validated User
Maybe she's a mole for a, um (Interpol,Reese,Farouk,Brotherhood,Hardwick,doesShawcount?nah...) sixth party.
Dammit, forgot about Carlo Velardi and his gang. Dammit. Seventh. Seventh party...

Old Toby

hippokrene

Validated User
I liked the few episodes I've caught, though I constantly find myself thinking, "Hey, that dude looks like PewDiePie."

Goodsport

Adventurer
Validated User
Well Blood & Treasure will get a second season!
I'm very pleasantly surprised by this (y), but surprised nonetheless...

Honestly, I wasn't expecting that! It seemed right up the line of "shows Old Toby likes that get snuffed out after a single, too brief, season"...
... for this very reason (just substitute "Goodsport" for "Old Toby" for it to apply to me as well ;)).

-G

Top Bottom