• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

LordofArcana

Validated User
I'm running into a serious wall with Katana Boss Guy (Kangetsu?). Is there a trick to beating him, or do you just have to be better at the game than I am at the moment?
First or second time? In general bosses are bad at attacking right behind them and being able to outrange him with a spear can save you from his stupidly fast reaction attacks. A good shard (such as the chainsaw sword) can do a lot of damage quickly if you find a good place to use it. There's also nothing stopping you from cheesing fights with lots of healing items.

For the first time I fought him I just reflexively jumped whenever he was close. He has an attack that punishes that but he doesn't use it much. His jump attack has a lot of start up time and takes a while before it can hurt you, making it an excellent time to dump damage onto him.

For the second time I did much the same but I had a lot more powerful ranged attacks and so I didn't need to pay as much attention to what attack he was doing. He can still do a lot of damage quickly, though.

(Its Zangetsu)

Njorhg

Validated User
It's effectively "discovering" items, so you're free to sell/eat/throw/sacrifice whatever it is you found without losing % on the list.

Monkey King

Your computer is literally haunted
Validated User
Yeesh, 51 hours. I'd say I got my money's worth out of this, but the game is finally completed. I'm kind of regretting how much grinding I did for certain items. Between the ultimate greatsword and the chisel attack, the final few bosses were over before they began. Sadly, hard difficulty just seems to shuffle enemy locations around instead of also cranking up health, so New Game + is kind of wasted, too. Maybe we'll get some kind of harder game mode with the DLCs.

Njorhg

Validated User
Yeesh, 51 hours. I'd say I got my money's worth out of this, but the game is finally completed. I'm kind of regretting how much grinding I did for certain items. Between the ultimate greatsword and the chisel attack, the final few bosses were over before they began. Sadly, hard difficulty just seems to shuffle enemy locations around instead of also cranking up health, so New Game + is kind of wasted, too. Maybe we'll get some kind of harder game mode with the DLCs.
Hard seemed balanced fairly nicely if start a new game rather than new game+. The galleon is a bit of change of pace since everything you meet there do more damage than normal's endgame enemies.

I at least enjoyed my run of it, and I went out of my to get a medal on all bosses.

Last edited:

carvincustom

Social Justice Rogue
Validated User
Hard seemed balanced fairly nicely if start a new game rather than new game+. The galleon is a bit of change of pace since everything you meet there do more damage than normal's endgame enemies.

I at least enjoyed my run of it, and I went out of my to get a medal on all bosses.
What's with the Boss Medals anyway? I got one on NG for the Gambler boss, but no other until NG+

Njorhg

Validated User
What's with the Boss Medals anyway? I got one on NG for the Gambler boss, but no other until NG+
It's a reward when you do bosses without taking damage, they're worth nothing but a badge of honor. Order of Ecclesia did the same thing.

Cenobite

Whiteside Pawn 909
Validated User
Well, got the last shard I needed, so all I have left is to complete the item list. Something tells me this will be tedious.

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
I'm thinking about picking this up. How will I find it if I like the pitch and aesthetic but I've never played a Castlevania game?

Edit: for the avoidance of doubt, I know it's technically a different series

Last edited:

s/LaSH

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm thinking about picking this up. How will I find it if I like the pitch and aesthetic but I've never played a Castlevania game?
I've never played a Castlevania, but I'm enjoying this one so far! Some platforming, some crafting, some RPGing, lots of running around learning how the Castle is put together. A small amount of running screaming through unexplored rooms with very low health, usually rewarded with some kind of safety before I expire. Y'know.

Precise moment of enchantment: sitting down in a save room, and the fairy familiar I just obtained flying down and sitting on my shoulder.

Top Bottom