• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
I've never played a Castlevania, but I'm enjoying this one so far! Some platforming, some crafting, some RPGing, lots of running around learning how the Castle is put together. A small amount of running screaming through unexplored rooms with very low health, usually rewarded with some kind of safety before I expire. Y'know.

Precise moment of enchantment: sitting down in a save room, and the fairy familiar I just obtained flying down and sitting on my shoulder.
Find the grand piano, sit down, and wait a little.

CaButler

Validated User
I've never played a Castlevania, but I'm enjoying this one so far! Some platforming, some crafting, some RPGing, lots of running around learning how the Castle is put together. A small amount of running screaming through unexplored rooms with very low health, usually rewarded with some kind of safety before I expire. Y'know.

Precise moment of enchantment: sitting down in a save room, and the fairy familiar I just obtained flying down and sitting on my shoulder.
Haven't gotten the Fairy Familiar yet, but during my SOTN run, she was always extremely useful on difficult bosses, since she had a resurrection power.

Find the grand piano, sit down, and wait a little.
I did. She can play a good tune.

Really, I love some of the nods IGA did here, though I haven't played for a while due to time constraints. I did get the Sword Familiar, though, and I'm fully expecting it to start carving up a path as soon as it's leveled properly.

E.K.K.R

Validated User
So I broke down and got the game, even though I have a ton of games sitting in my library I haven't even tried.

Oh man, this game is totally sweet. I only got the double-jump, so I have a long way to go, but I am already in love. I haven't felt like this since Hollow Knight hit me like a ton of bricks.

E.K.K.R

Validated User
High jump + Accelerator + Oracle Sword = Love.

Makes grinding end-game drops far more bearable.

Melum

Blake-light tragedy
Validated User
Have you tried the Not Crissagrim? The Rhava something. The first version can be turned into an end game version which I used on basically everything at the end.

Also, maximize luck obviously. You can equip luck shard over the luck skill when it hits 9. Solomon’s ring for shard farming. Luck books from od.

carvincustom

Social Justice Rogue
Validated User
Have you tried the Not Crissagrim? The Rhava something. The first version can be turned into an end game version which I used on basically everything at the end.

Also, maximize luck obviously. You can equip luck shard over the luck skill when it hits 9. Solomon’s ring for shard farming. Luck books from od.
THIS. As soon as I got it, I started just running through rooms with Accelerator turning things into a fine red mist.

Max

A dapper chap without a doubt
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I almost resent the existence of (not)Crissaegrims, to be honest, it makes things very nearly too much easier than anything else. That said, I actually found myself using the Flying Edge/Oracle Blade even more, because they let you keep your distance and go further through walls. Plus the Swordwhip and katanas are just fun to use (Jinrai is so cool). :)

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
So, on youtube I follow a guy called Shadowserg.

Shadowserg does compilations of himself killing bosses in video games while not taking any damage (and often without using anything but basic attacks).

Guess what he's doing today.

I don't have time to watch it now, but if you do, then sit back and watch this surgeon operate.

Top Bottom