• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

E.K.K.R

Validated User
THIS. As soon as I got it, I started just running through rooms with Accelerator turning things into a fine red mist.
I've been using Void Ray. You can propel yourself forward with Accelerator and High Jump, and fire a purplish-black beam of absolute death in circle while the momentum carries you forward. It does absolutely bonkers damage.

Njorhg

Validated User
So, on youtube I follow a guy called Shadowserg.

Shadowserg does compilations of himself killing bosses in video games while not taking any damage (and often without using anything but basic attacks).

Guess what he's doing today.

I don't have time to watch it now, but if you do, then sit back and watch this surgeon operate.
Can't really be too impressed. I did the same thing on hard, the bosses are much less aggressive on normal.

Darrin Kelley

Validated User
I love this game so much that I also recently bought Bloodstained: Curse Of The Moon when it was on sale. So I could give my further support to a franchise I absolutely love. And want to see future games from.

Max

A dapper chap without a doubt
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I love this game so much that I also recently bought Bloodstained: Curse Of The Moon when it was on sale. So I could give my further support to a franchise I absolutely love. And want to see future games from.
Helps that Curse of the Moon is a damn fine game in its own right!

(I particularly love the signposting skeletons. :D)

Max

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Heh. There's a patch coming, promised to improve performance on the Switch, with notes including:

Shard Adjustments (Decreased Power)
  • Riga Storaema
  • Craftwork
  • Bunnymorphosis
  • Flame Cannon
  • Straight Arrow
  • Chase Arrow
  • Heretical Grinder
  • Circle Ripper
  • Shooting Dagger
  • Riga Dohin
  • Welcome Company (nerfed significantly - starting from 3 portraits instead of 5)

Weapon Adjustments (Decreased Power)
  • Flying Edge
  • Rhava Bural
  • Rhava Velar
Anybody surprised? :D

MadCow

Master of all evil bovine
Validated User
The devs are receiving a lot of flak on their Twitter account for this update because it doesn't appear to address any of the major issues on the Switch.

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
Todd the demon barber is my favorite NPC so far. He's in a bad situation but is trying his best.

Njorhg

Validated User
Heh. There's a patch coming, promised to improve performance on the Switch, with notes including:

Anybody surprised? :D
Sort of, I honestly didn't really expect to see any balance changes.

They seem to have nerfed more on popularity than power, there's a lot of strong weapons and shards which aren't touched. It does look a bit like they targeted early game stuff.

Last edited:

Max

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Todd the demon barber is my favorite NPC so far. He's in a bad situation but is trying his best.
Oh, yeah. "Wait! I'm a good killer barber!" :D

Another frigging amazing piece of voice acting, that guy. And I love Miriam's response when he asks what she's even worried about...

PS. They're Killer Barbers! Sweeney Todd (no relation :whistle:) is the "demon barber of Fleet Street".

Last edited:
Top Bottom