• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[BLUE PLANET] Wait. There's a Third Edition Coming Out?

Thanaeon

Mostly simulationist
Validated User
I only knew about this being produced because I'm subscribed to a mailing list. If they'd mentioned the quickstart, I've missed it.

Though I don't like paying for quickstarts, so I guess I'll wait for other people's opinions. It's not that I'd be likely to actually use this, anyway, I just love the material. (Though I did run one one-shot of V2 back in the day.)

Aegypto

Treelicious
RPGnet Member
Validated User
*Does a happy dance*

Though I don't like paying for quickstarts, so I guess I'll wait for other people's opinions. It's not that I'd be likely to actually use this, anyway, I just love the material. (Though I did run one one-shot of V2 back in the day.)
The quickstart is "pay what you want", FWIW.

And count me as someone who didn't expect this at all.

Thanaeon

Mostly simulationist
Validated User
The quickstart is "pay what you want", FWIW.

And count me as someone who didn't expect this at all.
True, but my conscience doesn't let me put a very low price in that field. But you're right that this is my problem, not theirs.

Participant-Observer

Good Egg.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
True, but my conscience doesn't let me put a very low price in that field. But you're right that this is my problem, not theirs.
To be honest, I'm starting to think that quickstarts might be a better way into new games for me nowadays. I don't think I can look at another 300 or 400-page RPG book ever again.

Participant-Observer

Good Egg.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
And, yeah, as stoked as I am to see BP back, I'm probably most likely to use the setting and ecosystem to drop into my Traveller campaign.

(Don't judge me. Well, not too harshly. It probably won't stop me from buying it.)

Starkiller77

Validated User
Downloaded the QuickStart the day it landed and after reading it I have to say that this new edition is going to be awesome, everything was updated, the system, the setting, the naming ( the aborigines are now called nereids) while begin true to the old blu planet roots of hard sci-fi. I have to say that I am going to love this new edition. I will be a backer when they will be on Kickstarter, which will start in the firsts months of 2020 according to the biohazard forum.

Participant-Observer

Good Egg.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
<sotto voce> Dare I ask what the core mechanic is? Brave heart, David! </sotto voce>

Could you tell us what the core mechanic is?

Jon 45

Small but vicious dog
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The core mechanic is d10, roll-under. The TN is 5 +/- your attribute, or skill plus attribute, depending. You roll from 1 to 3 dice depending on your expertise. If at least one die is at or below the target number, you succeed.

It's similar to 2nd edition, with a lot of streamlining.

Top Bottom