• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Boardgame] Reality Check, The Game of Privilege

RedPlanet

Validated User
I suspect you're right, PST. They're resorting to the "You've not played our game, how can you have an opinion?!" line, now....
Which is kind of hilarious, as the concept of 'you haven't had this experience so you can't really comment on it' is... basically the concept of privilege that they're trying to mock.

Crumbs

Validated User
Hopefully it has a $1 pledge level when it comes to kickstarter because $1 spent to watch this dumpster fire sounds well worth it.

Thanaeon

Mostly simulationist
Validated User
Hopefully it has a $1 pledge level when it comes to kickstarter because $1 spent to watch this dumpster fire sounds well worth it.
Couldn't you just, you know, open a tab in your browser and check it from time to time? You'd get the same entertainment without rewarding these people.

Vox Orbis

I've Always Been Here
Validated User
They've fallen silent post the "We're working on our messaging" tweet as of yesterday, so we'll see what happens.

I and some others are probably going to check out their event in Seattle at the Raygun Lounge (presuming they don't cancel it).

Vox Orbis

I've Always Been Here
Validated User
And they've doubled down on being jerks, added a snarky 'trigger warning' to their website, and gotten a sympathetic website to portray them as victims against the criticism. Ugh.

Gideon

Validated User
And they've doubled down on being jerks, added a snarky 'trigger warning' to their website, and gotten a sympathetic website to portray them as victims against the criticism. Ugh.
It's difficult to see how they were sincere, now. If the alt-rights, racists, and misogynists rally round to support your product's freedoms, then you should get a clue about what your product actually is.

PST

Validated User
They've also deleted all the tweets where they were getting criticised. Given the alt-right are doing their usual and predictable responses to this on the various fash sites, I suspect the creators are getting exactly what they want, and will be counting on that extremist $ when they fund, doubling down on their original intent.

Zeea

Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I agree with PST. They're almost certailnly trolling for extremist dollars, and at this point, I don't think it's best not to waste too much emotional labor on considering ways that this might just be cluelessness or something.

Dweller in Darkness

Excelsior
Validated User
Couldn't you just, you know, open a tab in your browser and check it from time to time? You'd get the same entertainment without rewarding these people.
Oh, you just back out the day the Kickstarter's about to end. I've done it before with some obvious vaporware, just to watch the flames, and educate myself about how thos scams work.

Gamethyme

Half-Baked Loaf of Bread
Validated User
Oh, you just back out the day the Kickstarter's about to end. I've done it before with some obvious vaporware, just to watch the flames, and educate myself about how thos scams work.
The issue with this is that KS won't let you cancel your pledge in the last 24 (or is it 48) hours if doing so would move the project from 'successful' to 'unsuccessful.'

And, of course, the whole "lowering yourself to the vicinity of their level" thing.

Top Bottom