• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Boardgame] Reality Check, The Game of Privilege

Dweller in Darkness

Excelsior
Validated User
The issue with this is that KS won't let you cancel your pledge in the last 24 (or is it 48) hours if doing so would move the project from 'successful' to 'unsuccessful.'

And, of course, the whole "lowering yourself to the vicinity of their level" thing.
It was 24 hours, the last I checked. I honestly don't do it much at this point, and wouldn't in this case.

Vox Orbis

I've Always Been Here
Validated User
Yeah, it's pretty clearly awful, no joke.

I ended up not going to their event; had qualms about giving them more grist for their outrage mill.

That said, even with the deleted tweets and disingenuous posting, I plan to keep an eye on them. I am still slightly baffled/don't
understand how many PoC and other folk (in the promo art), or the Raygun Lounge Seattle Gaymer crowd, could have supported these guys.

They're not helpers of anybody but themselves.

Gideon

Validated User
Yeah, it's pretty clearly awful, no joke.

I ended up not going to their event; had qualms about giving them more grist for their outrage mill.

That said, even with the deleted tweets and disingenuous posting, I plan to keep an eye on them. I am still slightly baffled/don't
understand how many PoC and other folk (in the promo art), or the Raygun Lounge Seattle Gaymer crowd, could have supported these guys.

They're not helpers of anybody but themselves.
I imagine it's the same reason we are interested. If you say you've invented a game that satirises and educates about inequality, would you like to play a game and can we get a photo of you playing for our website, you're gonna say yes. Maybe, also, seeing the whole thing in the round, it's less shit, or less obviously shit.

Also, as a playtester, it can be hard to say face to face, this is really, really, awful. And who knows what 'got great feedback' means.

Also, I think some of the people in their photoshoots were paid to be there.

Last edited:

Vox Orbis

I've Always Been Here
Validated User
Wow, yeah, hadn't thought of that.

Maybe all the positive expressions are when the people are sitting down,
unaware of what the game actually is. And maybe that picture of Beau Degas is where they're seeing the
card for the first time and the expression is "oh, shit"...

And yeah, of course these guys would be the full-on, "all these supporters are either models or stock photos" kinda thing.

Top Bottom