• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Border Lands Isekai

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
Yax is having none of this. He stretches to his full 3 1/2 foot height and strides up to the gate with a shimmer of fire about his hands. "It is I, Yaxolotl the Mighty, Salamandrine Pyromancer, and companions! We have cleansed yon cave of its spiritual contamination, as the Duke commanded, and are only now returned to claim our reward. So open up, pronto."

Llayne

Random Player Guy
Validated User
Mark, having played more games than he cared to admit, had a feeling he knew what happened. The changes... both the physical ones to the environment and the wary, weary skittishness of the people... seemed very clear to him.

"I think there's been a time skip." He whispered loud enough for his group to hear. "Did you ever play the Jedi Guardian storyline on Star Wars: The Old Republic? Or what was that other one... Guild Wars?" He shook his head. "Either way... the person who gave us the quest could be long dead."

Mark paused for a moment, and he hoped his cheeks weren't blushing as badly as he thought they might be. "Um... did anybody bother remembering the quest giver's name?" He tried vainly to access the quest log feature.

Bremen

RPGnet Member
Validated User
"It was the duke. Duke.... somebody." Kelina tries to think and then shrugs.

Doc_Chronos

RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Duke... ugh, Rogetien? Rattigan? Something like that, anyway," murmured Jenny.

Last edited:

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Iron
HP: 7/7, Armor: 3/3, Scrolls: 0

The powerfully built Karhu can't... see very well over the pile of bones and detritus he's holding, so he contents himself with a dull roar.

"We brought the skull bits from the cave we fixed. Let us through smooth-skin, no time for nonsense."

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
The guard squinted down at the group and the pile of bones they were carrying. "Well hellspit. You're trying to tell me that you already went down and finished? I figure you just fucked around in the woods for a night." He chewed at something stubbornly for a minute before shouting at someone behind the wall. After a minute the gate slowly creaked open just far enough for the party to march through single-file, and once they're through the gate is shut behind them.

The guard from the wall stood in the middle of the road, looking over the group lazily, before shrugging one shoulder. "Follow me to the Duke," he said, turning on his heel and walking off. Soon the party was moving through a settlement that looked almost completely different from what they had seen before; far larger, for one, with a greater variety of people and races on display. A treeman leaning against a building with a jug in his hand gave an evil look to the salimar; a heavily-build karhu matron caught Iron's eye and gave him a wink before hurrying on herself; a group of giggle children briefly surrounded the party before flowing around them like water and hurrying away down the road. The entire town seemed more alive, noisier and smellier than it had been presented as before when it was only presented through the video game screen.

After winding through the mud-splattered streets the crew wound up before a stone-walled building, the only on they had seen so far. The guard opened the doors and gestured for the party to enter. Inside was a big, square room with several long tables covered in bread, cheeses, platters of shriveled fruit, and pitchers of wine. At the far end was a tall man in battered armor with dark hair going over his shoulder and a patchy beard; the Duke. He was seated at a table, fairly attacking a hunk of dark bread. He gestured broadly to the benches and spoke through a mouth full of food. "Sit! Eat something. It's too damn early. Tell me what you found!"

Doc_Chronos

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Jenny inclined her head, in a modest bow. "Thank you, your Grace. Most kind." She strode to the nearest bench, sat down, and began putting together a plate. In between mouthfuls, Jenny gave a recounting of the party's adventure.

Willis the 3rd

Validated User
"I don't remember the town being this... colorful before." Spruce says as we trudge through the streets.

I chuckle as the children surround us. I whisper, "Bloom." and use my druidic Magic 2#1d6: 2 5 to sprout a flower and hand it to one of the small children (exactly like the scene from Guardians of the Galaxy) as I walk by.

Spruce looks over the assorted foods and says under his breath, "I don't know if I even eat anymore." and he sits down on the ground beneath a sunny window and listens as Jenny retells the story.

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Iron
HP: 7/7, Armor: 3/3, Scrolls: 0

He catches himself scratching his cheek with a claw in nervous embarrassment at the wink from the matron, the encounter making him flustered enough to ignore everything else around him until he enters the building proper.

The karhu drops all of the assorted bone fragments in an ungainly pile near Spruce and lumbers over to the tables. Taking a seat on the floor -- as none of the chairs could possibly hold his weight -- he takes an entire pitcher of wine, two full plates of bread and cheese, and a platter of fruit to himself, consuming them all with incredible gusto.

His sense of taste was far sharper than before, and as he eats and drinks he relishes each mouthful like he was a starving creature. In-between bites and cascades of wine, he listens to Jenny's recounting of their adventure, impressed by the detail she takes in the recall.

Bremen

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Kelina takes a seat; though she notes the food and drink, she finds it easy to fall into the cold and aloof mindset of her counterpart and simply watches as Jenny recounts the story.

That's easier than thinking about her current situation and the implications of eating the food in the game, anyways.

Top Bottom