• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Border Lands Isekai

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
Jenny inclined her head, in a modest bow. "Thank you, your Grace. Most kind." She strode to the nearest bench, sat down, and began putting together a plate. In between mouthfuls, Jenny gave a recounting of the party's adventure.
OOC: I need more than that. What do you say to him?

Doc_Chronos

RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Well, your grace," Jenny began. "We made our way down to the shore at the bottom of the cliff. Once there we encountered a swarm of salt encrusted ghouls popping outta the sand, and a couple of what looked like sea bloated corpses a ways out in the water. It turned out the bloaters were spawning the ghouls. Well after some flashy bladework, and dering do, we dispatched the bloaters and mopped up the ghouls. We then made our way into the sea caves. Since everyone had taken some hurt, and or damage, we decided to rest up so as to be in top form for whatever was in the caves. After the rest break, we continued into the caves. That smell that was noticed up here was getting stronger, so we figured we were heading in the right direction. Finally we found what appeared to be the source. It was a dragon's skull that seemed to be stuck in the floor of the cave. The smell seemed to be coming from underneath. The boys tried to move it to see what was what, and I guess it took exception to being nudged, cause the next thing we know is we're being attacked by these flowing see through wraiths. So while we were fighting them off the big boys managed to shatter the skull, and that seemed to take care of things. We killed off the remaining wraiths, gathered up the pieces of the skull, and here we are." Jenny paused, took a healthy swig of her ale, and a mighty bight of her food. A girl worked up an appetite with all this storytelling.

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
The Duke chewed noisily as Jenny worked through her story. "So there was something in the caves after all?" He grunted and reached for his mug. "Seems that damn crazy wizard isn't useless. I've never heard of a dray-gon," he added, emphasizing the unfamiliar word. "Is that an elf creature? Did you bring its skull back? I'd quite like to mount it somewhere!" He waved vaguely at the timbers that crisscrossed the upper space, holding up the walls of the place. "And once you killed this thing, the smell went away? I can send the workers back down there so the lazy-bones can start earning their damn keep again?"

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Iron

"We brought back the fragments of its skull, yeah. If you want those," Iron mutters through a mouthful of dried fruit and bread, "they're sitting over by Spruce. Help yourself. As for the smell, it vanished. The workers should be free to go back to their jobs now."

He lets someone else describe a dragon to the duke, if anyone cares to. Tilting his head back, he washes down his food with half a pitcher of wine in one go.

Bremen

RPGnet Member
Validated User
He doesn't know what a dragon is? Is this one of those games where the developers went out of their way to come up with a unique setting that wasn't just a copy of Tolkien? That might make fitting in a bit harder.

She does nod at Iron's prompt, giving a quick description of the skull and dragons, explaining it off as "a little story I heard as a child." Let him think whatever he wants about elves. "I have no idea what the skull was doing there, but it did seem to be the source of the smell, and it certainly didn't walk there. Perhaps your wizard will be able to figure out more by looking at the pieces."

Willis the 3rd

Validated User
Spruce' eyes wandered for most of the story telling, from the way the sunlight filtered through the glass to a knot on the back of his hand.

As the duke speaks of mounting the head, his eyes snap to him "You mount elf heads? Don't they look just like humans?" Spruce imagines an old fashioned English hunter with a study full of mounted human heads.

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
Yax had been trying to eat bread and cheese, but if feels horribly wrong. The hell do salamanders eat, anyway? Bits of meat and fruit suit him better. ‘Dragons are known for breathing fire and poison, in the old stories. This one had considerable magic attached to it, even shattered into fragments. It would be best if had words with your court wizard.”

Llayne

Random Player Guy
Validated User
Mark had been utterly and completely wrong about the time skip. The guard recognized him the moment after he shot off his mouth, and Mark had been keeping to the background ever since. He'd Jenny take the lead on recounting their exploits... which was something he'd normally be all over. If this were a game that is... and this is anything but. Well, it is a game... but it's also real. His head hurt as he tried to wrestle with the dilemma.

The fact that the world was so different now had to have an explanation. If all this was already there in the code... what didn't we see it before? Why hide such programming behind some often basic and boring graphics? He couldn't think of a good reason, so he started grasping at straws. Maybe some sort of beta version, one that was too high rez for their servers to run? And somehow the system reverted to that art style when the electrical surge... or whatever it was... trapped us here? He wouldn't say it was plausible... but he supposed it was possible, and that's the best he could mange right now.

"We've helped you out... your Grace." He forced himself to lay along with the story line even though his heart wasn't in it. "Perhaps it's time we returned to our homes. Is that something you can... help us with?" Under the theory that they were somehow trapped by a quest line/glitch of the game... he was curious what he had to do to move the story forward.

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
She does nod at Iron's prompt, giving a quick description of the skull and dragons, explaining it off as "a little story I heard as a child." Let him think whatever he wants about elves. "I have no idea what the skull was doing there, but it did seem to be the source of the smell, and it certainly didn't walk there. Perhaps your wizard will be able to figure out more by looking at the pieces."
"Yes... perhaps there was something to what that old bint was saying. SEYTON!!" He roared suddenly, loud enough to shake dust from the timbers, and a harried-looking servant hurried in. The duke gestured broadly with a hank of bread. "Go fetch the wizard. Tell her she can put whatever she's stuffing up her nose away and look at these damn bones."
As the duke speaks of mounting the head, his eyes snap to him "You mount elf heads? Don't they look just like humans?" Spruce imagines an old fashioned English hunter with a study full of mounted human heads.
The Duke grinned wofishly. "I prefer to mount pirate heads," he said. "Makes sure their throat-cutting kind stay away from the walls."
"We've helped you out... your Grace." He forced himself to lay along with the story line even though his heart wasn't in it. "Perhaps it's time we returned to our homes. Is that something you can... help us with?" Under the theory that they were somehow trapped by a quest line/glitch of the game... he was curious what he had to do to move the story forward.
"Yes! Well. I did promise you something." He stood up and walked back to the high-backed chair at the far end of the room, and dragged out a chest from behind in. He opened the thick lock with a key from around his neck and reached inside, muttering to himself as he rooted around inside. Finally he returned with a leather pouch as big as Jenny's fist, dropping in front of the elf. Inside she could see the gleam of silver and gold coins. "There. That should buy rooms at the local inn." He guffawed loudly as he walked back to his chair. "Now there. Go and bother wizards or pirates or whoever else. I'll find you if I need you."

Doc_Chronos

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Jenny grinned, "thank you, your Grace. Most kind." She reached for the pouch, and placed it on her belt. She rose gracefully, snagging an apple for the road as she did so. "Should we bide a moment for your wizard, your grace? She may have questions for us before we go."

Last edited:
Top Bottom