• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Border Lands Isekai

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
Yax scampers over to Jenny and whispers urgently, "Christ, Jenny! Don't let him go before we've worked through the conversation topics, I don't even like RPGs and I know that much." His little claws dance up and down in frustration.

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"I don't think there's much else to talk about Yax," Iron mutters as he stands up. "We've been dismissed. Let's get a room at an inn or something and try to figure out what to do next."

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
Yax slumps, depression washing over his tiny frame. "Yeah, you're right. There's always something happening at inns, right? That's where you meet the guy with the cowl covering his face who tells you the score, right?" He sounds like he's trying to convince himself, but he lifts his staff and his pack and strides forward with the rest to find an Inn which doesn't mind any of the motley species in the party.

Doc_Chronos

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Jenny grinned at the diminutive wizard, "actually, I meant we might run into her on our way out of the castle. She did buttonhole us on our way out the last time, and she did seem interested in what ever we might find, no?"

Willis the 3rd

Validated User
Spruce

This... is it? the end of the questline? But we aren't back in our bodies yet. We have to find the wizard! These thoughts pass through Bruce's mind and his face takes on a stunned look, followed by panic for a moment, then resolve as he pushes himself up to his feet, wood creaking from the sudden movement.

As they leave the hall that the Duke is in, he taps Yax and whispers, "Yax, you use magic, think you can use some to find the wizard for us? I don't like the idea of waiting at an inn."

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
The party filed out of the building and into the bustling town outside of it. The guards eyed them suspiciously but didn't move to intercept them or guide them. All around them were crowds of people going along their business, though the exotic adventurers were gathering some glances. A fence of iron stakes separated the Duke's keep and its associated buildings from the rest of the town, and just outside it was a three-story building with a sprawling yard on one side and a stables out back; the sign hanging above the door showed a foot with white speckles over it. Given the number of people sitting outside of it and drinking, it was probably a tavern of some kind.

Inside the Duke's compound, Spruce caught sight of the sorcerer from before. She was wandering aimlessly, staring at the sky, the hood of her black robes pushed back. Her skin looked sallow and her hair was limp and flat, giving her an altogether unhealthy appearance.

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Iron
HP: 7/7, Armor: 3/3, Scrolls: 0

"You guys go on ahead and secure some rooms -- at least one of us can't sleep in there. Spruce probably can't fit unless they have an open roof room or balcony for him, and none of those beds or chairs could possibly hold my weight. I could sleep on the floor, but I don't want anyone getting any wise ideas about trying to turn me into a bearskin rug to put in front of the fireplace."

Iron grins humorously as he takes a seat -- thud! -- on the ground outside the inn and starts removing his armor so he can polish it with a cloth.

Last edited:

Llayne

Random Player Guy
Validated User
Mark/Allistar
HP:
6/6

Mark frowned at Spruce. "Are you sure? If Yax can't find the wizard maybe we should go searching? I'd prefer to have more information before turning in. I feel..." He swallowed to keep his emotions from welling up. "I feel like we didn't exactly make a lot of progress with the Duke back there."

Willis the 3rd

Validated User
Bruce/Spruce

Spruce puts a comforting hand on Allistars shoulder. "Agreed, Allistar. The duke seemed a bit preoccupie..." His voice trails off as he spots the sorcerer. His leaves gently rustle, like a shiver ran down his spine at seeing such a sickly looking person.

He doesn't sneak away from the group, but he doesn't call out that he's seen her either. He simply alters his course and lumbers over to her. "You seem wilted, little wizard. If you would join my companions and I, we can tell you what we found in that cursed cave."

Top Bottom