• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Border Lands Isekai

Bremen

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Kelina

Kelina nods and heads for the inn, casting her eyes about to get a feel for the place.

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
Rich/Yax lets the fireball he was packing in his hands go and trots after the big tree-man, feeling even tinier next to the big guy. He tries to smile at the woman encouragingly, but he suspects he has too many small pointy teeth for that.

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Kelina

Kelina nods and heads for the inn, casting her eyes about to get a feel for the place.
Iron
HP: 7/7, Armor: 3/3, Scrolls: 0

"Kelina," he rumbles as the elvish assassin draws near, "do this bear a favor, would you? When you take a peek about the interior of the building, see if there's any karhu about. I should be trying to learn about my new species' culture and all. If it isn't too much trouble, of course."

Bremen

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Kelina

Kelina gives a quick nod - not curt, not impatient, just no nonsense. It's just so easy to fall back into RPing the confident and cool elf than trying to think about what's going on.

Bremen

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Kelina

"Not at all," Kelina replies. "It might be best for you to do the talking - the way the duke was talking, I doubt people around here deal with elves often."

Nate_MI

Hail Tzeentch!
Validated User
Bruce/Spruce

Spruce puts a comforting hand on Allistars shoulder. "Agreed, Allistar. The duke seemed a bit preoccupie..." His voice trails off as he spots the sorcerer. His leaves gently rustle, like a shiver ran down his spine at seeing such a sickly looking person.

He doesn't sneak away from the group, but he doesn't call out that he's seen her either. He simply alters his course and lumbers over to her. "You seem wilted, little wizard. If you would join my companions and I, we can tell you what we found in that cursed cave."
The wizard started and stared at Bruce for a moment before darting forward and grabbing at his arms eagerly. "You! You did... something underneath the city! You made the nightmares stop. What was it?"
Kelina

The tavern was crowded inside with glum-looking men and women nursing drinks. The overall mood was fairly subdued, and more than a few unfriendly eyes sized up the two women as they walked inside. The interior of the building had an open center and an overhang, all crowded with long tables and benches, and there was a wild profusion of peoples in the building. The bar took up one entire, long wall and an elf with skinny limbs and a punch stood behind it, polishing a glass. It was almost a stereotypical bartender scene as he squinted at the newcomers. "A-yup. You must be two of those mercenaries the Duke hired. Is that right?"
Iron
HP: 7/7, Armor: 3/3, Scrolls: 0

"You guys go on ahead and secure some rooms -- at least one of us can't sleep in there. Spruce probably can't fit unless they have an open roof room or balcony for him, and none of those beds or chairs could possibly hold my weight. I could sleep on the floor, but I don't want anyone getting any wise ideas about trying to turn me into a bearskin rug to put in front of the fireplace."

Iron grins humorously as he takes a seat -- thud! -- on the ground outside the inn and starts removing his armor so he can polish it with a cloth.
Most people gave the bear a wide bearth as he flexed his clawed hands and staked his thick armor. After a few minutes, though, a shadow fell over him as the korhu woman from before walked right up to him. "Well there you are," she said, hands on her generous hips. "Didn't anyone ever tell you not to strip down in the middle of the street? What would your momma say about you?"

Bremen

RPGnet Member
Validated User
The tavern was crowded inside with glum-looking men and women nursing drinks. The overall mood was fairly subdued, and more than a few unfriendly eyes sized up the two women as they walked inside. The interior of the building had an open center and an overhang, all crowded with long tables and benches, and there was a wild profusion of peoples in the building. The bar took up one entire, long wall and an elf with skinny limbs and a punch stood behind it, polishing a glass. It was almost a stereotypical bartender scene as he squinted at the newcomers. "A-yup. You must be two of those mercenaries the Duke hired. Is that right?"
"We stand out, do we?" Kelina responds dryly. Apparently there wasn't much need to saddle Jenny with the introductions. "How's business?" she asks, as her eyes search the building for any other Karhu in response to Iron's request.

Doc_Chronos

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Jenny's eyes swept over the tavern, alert for potential trouble. She follow Kelina's lead until she asked her to tag in.

Llayne

Random Player Guy
Validated User
Mark/Allistar
HP:
6/6

Mark noticed the way Spruce trailed off and joined Yax in following him as the treefolk wandered away. Did he see something important or does he have ADD?

His patience was rewarded when he caught sight of the wizard, who did in fact seem a little distraught. Or at least worried about something.

"We found the source of the odor, just like the Duke asked." He said, coming up from behind. He couldn't bring himself to adopt his accent again... he was still to out of sorts to even consider enjoying this experience... let alone roleplaying through it. "There were some undead outside the cave, but the source seemed to be a dragon's skull... a giant lizard type creature with wings... about the size of a wagon or two." He explained, since the Duke had been unfamiliar with the term dragon. "Some shadowing ghosts kept coming out of it and attacking us... Spruce and our friend Iron managed to destroy the skull... and the resulting explosion... a flash of white... knocked us out. We returned here as soon as we could."

It didn't occur to Mark to hold anything back... he desperately wanted information and was more than willing to share in order to get it.

Top Bottom