• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Wanted Buck Rogers XXVC

The Radioactivist

Validated User
I'm looking for materials from this game, especially the book titled "Hardware." Sadly, the only items I'm finding cost $1300 or so.

Does anyone have a reasonably priced copy? It's mostly for reading and source for the couple conventions I GM at twice a year.

Thanks!

whumfleet

Lumrunner
Validated User
I have the Core Box Set, Neo in the 25th Century, Mars in the 25th Century, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, Earth in the 25th Century, and Hardware at least. I might have a couple of modules as well.

The Radioactivist

Validated User
Well, not the $900 to $1300 I've seen online. Reasonable might be, I'd guess, 2x or 2.5x original MSRP? Does that sound in the ballpark, or am I way off?

CoreyHaim8myDog

Validated User
I have a bunch of the stuff and bought it all cheap on eBay. Hardware I've seen on sale on eBay for reasonable prices.

goeticgeek

Biceps to spare
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Well, not the $900 to $1300 I've seen online. Reasonable might be, I'd guess, 2x or 2.5x original MSRP? Does that sound in the ballpark, or am I way off?
If you're paying that much, I'll sell you my whole collection. ;) Seriously, you are way off. My personal advice, put a search on ebay, be patient and don't pay more that $20 for the original box set or more than $10 a supplement. That is what they are worth. TSR printed a lot of this stuff so it is by no means rare. You should be able to build a complete collection in short order and still pay very reasonable prices.

The Radioactivist

Validated User
If you're paying that much, I'll sell you my whole collection. ;) Seriously, you are way off. My personal advice, put a search on ebay, be patient and don't pay more that $20 for the original box set or more than $10 a supplement. That is what they are worth. TSR printed a lot of this stuff so it is by no means rare. You should be able to build a complete collection in short order and still pay very reasonable prices.
Thanks guys - you had a chance to make a profit, but I appreciate the forebearance and advice. Seems like patience is the order of the day - just keep looking.

I just don't get some of these places with prices in the hundreds or thousands of dollars for these books. Not sure if its a joke, or if they are simply trying to gin up the price, or what ..??

Anyhoo - I thought the game was exceptionally well-written in places, and I'd like to use it as source for either my Slipstream or my near-future Transhuman Space/Star Frontiers/Traveller 2300/Whatever games.

Cheers.

goeticgeek

Biceps to spare
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I just don't get some of these places with prices in the hundreds or thousands of dollars for these books. Not sure if its a joke, or if they are simply trying to gin up the price, or what ..??;
For some sellers, the high prices are just plain ignorance of the value of their product. For others, it seems there is a business model of listing things at unreasonably high prices in the hope that some day someone will come along and buy it not knowing how much it is really worth. These businesses sure seem to be able to hang on to unsold product for a long time. This is why you can never judge how much something is worth by how much it's being listed for on the Internet. The prices you see listed are for product the seller hasn't sold and often, there's a good reason, like a high price, for why that product hasn't sold. Being able to filter ebay for sold items is an invaluable tool for seeing how much people are actually paying for items in the secondary market.

Top Bottom