• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Bug report: Watch list not jumping to new posts

JoeNotCharles

Validated User
Whenever a thread I'm watching goes idle for a long time and then has a new post, it jumps to the top of my "watched threads" list as usual. Good. But then when I click on it, my browser doesn't go to the new post - it goes to the first post in the thread. It's as if after a certain time without activity in a thread, the board forgets my place in it.

Here's an example, with 1 month between the second latest post and the latest post:

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
Just by way of corroboration - I do not have the Voodoo Home for Ungamed Characters thread on my watch list, but I'm in the MetaPBP forum daily, so I see when it gets a new post and I go look at it, and if the thread has been inactive for awhile I experience the same issue JoeNotCharles JoeNotCharles is describing above. The title link takes me all the way back to the first post rather than the latest post.

Tanka

We See You
Staff member
Validated User
That's likely to be more of a cookie issue, something that's outside of our scope as it's probably something native to XF.

Kredoc

Validated User
As a workaround, if you hit the "jump to new" button at the top of the thread, it will take you to the newest post.

Top Bottom