• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Buying on itch.io

Scutarii

Validated User
My interest in games lies in story, characters, ideas and choices. The particulars of mechanical execution are not something I care about. If the hivemind decides they 'don't count as games' then I guess I'd just not be a gamer and continue buying and playing the exact same stuff. Visual Novels that really do give you choices that matter are a huge positive in my eyes. Kinetic novels where you don't choose are not of much interest to me. Paradox Grand Strategy games are a huge chain of meaningful choice after choice that plays out my own roleplayed story. Twitching my crosshairs onto vaguely identifiable movement in the window 50ft away and pressing the 'make dead' button is not my jam.

...which is why I am currently giddily clicking through everything on itch.io. So many good looking games...

Last edited:

Killer300

Validated User
So, Dead Wishes is currently on sale and, if you want a visual novel romance that's a bit on the darker side, which also makes no gender assumptions about the protagonist, it's a good purchase. Also a surprising amount of choice right off the bat.

It is very dark though, and creepy.

Argent

Anywhere... just not here
Validated User
My interest in games lies in story, characters, ideas and choices. The particulars of mechanical execution are not something I care about. If the hivemind decides they 'don't count as games' then I guess I'd just not be a gamer and continue buying and playing the exact same stuff.
For the record, that is 100% not what I was trying to do.

The Unshaven

Validated User
would more recommendations be helpful at this point? I've reminded myself of a bunch of other stuff that's there too.

AliasiSudonomo

Trying to be a bird
Validated User
I'll second Pyre, if only because I feel like it's the Supergiant game that's gotten comparatively less love. Visual novel crossed with Magical NBA Jam.

Top Bottom