• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[BX/BECMI/RC/DD] Variant Race-as-Class options

Lord Crimson

Prophet of Darkness
Validated User
I've run across some interesting threads on RPG.net in the past concerning Race-as-Class variants to provide some interesting diversity to BX/BECMI/RC D&D non-humans.

But I haven't been able to find many posted online (at least with some cursory Google searches - lots of IRL social class discussion, though).

So, are there online versions of race-as-class choices like the oft-mentioned Dwarf Runepriest? Can anyone provide links?

EDIT: Before it pops up, I'm specifically not looking for listings of the "official" race-as-class expansions covered in the Gazetteers or other BECMI D&D supplements. (Though if you are looking for them, there's a good listing on Dragonsfoot here).

Last edited:

Rich H

Owl Be Back!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
... If you PM me your email address I can send you a document with rules/systems on how to build up any race + class combination so you can build (for example) halfling fighters, halfling thieves, dwarf priests, elf wizards, elf thieves, etc as well as level 1 rangers, paladins and so on.

Top Bottom