IC Call of Cthulhu Horror One-Shot: Don't Talk to Dead People

Neaden

Registered User
Validated User
OOC: Roll under Dex x 5 please.
OOC: Taking glove off: 1d100 27
 

Greg 1

Some Guy
Validated User
1895

Emylia works her fingers out of the glove. It's tricky to do, as the strand around her finger is stronger than it looks and tightening.

The strand withdraws with the white glove flopping at the end. Soon both disappear from view behind the lintel.

Suddenly, there's a metallic rattling sound. Sheds of white cloth drop down to the rug.
 

Choo Choo

Likes Rocks
Validated User
1895

Mary's eyes widen in some fear. "That would have been quite bad for your hand, miss."

Present Day

"Uh, sure," Maddie says and takes control of the Oujia board. "Willoughby died in 1905," she carefully spells out.
 

Neaden

Registered User
Validated User
1895
Emilia bends down and examines the fragments of gloves, looking to see exactly what happened. “I think, I think this could be the child. They lash out when they are hurting. I remember when my boy had an ear infection, the trouble he got into. We have to help the poor dear.”
 

ChairKicker

Part-time Table Flipper
Validated User
1895

Emylia works her fingers out of the glove. It's tricky to do, as the strand around her finger is stronger than it looks and tightening.

The strand withdraws with the white glove flopping at the end. Soon both disappear from view behind the lintel.

Suddenly, there's a metallic rattling sound. Sheds of white cloth drop down to the rug.
1895

What was left of color drains out of Bethany's face quickly. "What the - I told you not to touch it--"
She wildly looks around, walks up to the closest door. "There is foul play. You can see it. Do not touch anything else. Someone is playing foul and dangerous tricks on us. Where can they be?"
"What sort of things have been happening to you? Can you elaborate?" Aaron motions for someone else to take control of the Ouija board while he speaks with Lenora.
Present Day

"I'm seeing - I'm getting strangely personal and worrying messages from people I don't know, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only one who can see the creepy people I'm seeing. My driver was a gothic creep who kept advocating death and suicide, I left before he could, I don't know, crash his car or slit my throat! There's been a fat grey man stalking me since I left your place, and he couldn't possibly have kept up with me!"
She becomes more agitated as she describes the event, looking left and right for any unexpected sight. Lenora realizes how minor it sounds when described out loud, and would usually have rolled her eyes if someone else was telling her the same, but godamnit! If anyone has any chance of taking her feelings of confusion and dread seriously, it would be Aaron. "I am perfectly aware it sounds ridiculous. You may choose to believe me, or not. At the very least, I think... maybe I should come back to your seance, since I know you at least a tiny little bit, and you're worrying me less than anyone I've come across so far. At least confirm whether you see what I'm seeing."
 

lorddaftwager

Registered User
Validated User
1895

Chuck positions himself behind Bethany, ready to jump into action the moment she opens the closet door.

Present Day

"Um, sure. Assuming you're telling the truth, be careful getting back here. See you soon." Aaron hangs up on Lenora. "Okay, um, Lenora says she's coming back. Claims some guy's been following her ever since she left." Aaron shakes his head, banishing thoughts of the terrifying woman from his mind. "Guess now we just wait for a response."
 

Choo Choo

Likes Rocks
Validated User
1895

The sound makes Mary turn her head, making a choked noise when she sees what is spelled out. "He died in 1905... but... that's ten years from now! The spirits must not see time the way we do, I suppose, that's- that's fascinating!"

Keeping an eye on the others as they prepare to check the closet, she walks over to the board and writes, ITIS1895HOWISHECURED.
 

Greg 1

Some Guy
Validated User
Present

Under Maddie's fingers, the planchette begins to slide across the yellowed wood.

ITIS1895HOWISHECURED

OOC: Is Lenora calling a cab and heading back?
 

Greg 1

Some Guy
Validated User
1895
Emilia bends down and examines the fragments of gloves, looking to see exactly what happened. “I think, I think this could be the child. They lash out when they are hurting. I remember when my boy had an ear infection, the trouble he got into. We have to help the poor dear.”
Emilia crouches, and being careful to stay under the floating threads, reaches out and takes the shredded glove. Standing and stepping back, she examines them. They don't so much look as if they have been torn apart as cut up with scissors. The cutting has no obvious pattern to it, but all the lines are straight as a die. The shreds seem to be slightly damp.
 
Top Bottom