Captain Marvel Controversies

wheloc

He's trying real hard to be one of the good guys.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Literally the only thing I can find to complain about the film is that we didn't get a
Spoiler: Show
"Monica gets powers"

credits scene. And I fully recognise that this is a totally nerdy and pointless thing to complain about :)
How did Rambeau/Captain Marvel get her powers in the comic?

Coyote's Own

RPG.net's friendly neighborhood Nuwisha.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
How did Rambeau/Captain Marvel get her powers in the comic?
Bombarded by xtredikmentional energy from a weapon build mad scientiest.
So you know a normal day in the life of a Coast Guard captain.

Edit: And she changed her name from Photon to Spectrum becasue Geni-Vell started using it? After he made her change form Capt. Marvel, because Genis complained that it was his dad name? I knew he was douche, but that just hyprictical and petty. But I'm getting off topic.

Law Orc

Quasi-Possum
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Bombarded by xtredikmentional energy from a weapon build mad scientiest.
So you know a normal day in the life of a Coast Guard captain.

Edit: And she changed her name from Photon to Spectrum becasue Geni-Vell started using it? After he made her change form Capt. Marvel, because Genis complained that it was his dad name? I knew he was douche, but that just hyprictical and petty. But I'm getting off topic.
There is a part of me that still feels like any day Genis-Vell might show up and announce that his new superhero name is "Monica Rambeau".

insomniac

Validated User
Literally the only thing I can find to complain about the film is that we didn't get a
"Monica gets powers"

credits scene. And I fully recognise that this is a totally nerdy and pointless thing to complain about :)
Even then, we got a shout-out in the dialogue.

Susanoo Orbatos

Social Justice Huckster
Validated User
"Monica gets powers"

YOu mean this scene?

Yeah that would have been awesome

Coyote's Own

RPG.net's friendly neighborhood Nuwisha.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
NEXTwave is a nice laternative interpration of the character, but I really prefer it would stay alternative.

Yo! Master

"Delicious"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I love Nextwave myself but I certainly wouldn't want to see the movie Monica attack a dog

Last edited:

wheloc

He's trying real hard to be one of the good guys.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I love Nextwave myself but I certainly wouldn't want to see the movie Monica kill a dog
I maintain that the dog is fine, just a bit singed.

Anyway, with the continued success of Deadpool, it seems likely to me that someone will try to do Nextwave sooner rather than later.

Top Bottom