• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Captain Marvel Controversies

Dweller in Darkness

Excelsior
Validated User
Easy fix. She's a kid, so she misses a foot to the right and the dog runs off. Although I think it's inconsistent characterization with even the Nextwave Monica, so it's smarter to just cut it.

Kevin Mowery

WAUGH!
Validated User
I maintain that the dog is fine, just a bit singed.
Narratively, that scene follows Monica insisting that, as an Avenger, she's not a killer. So its obvious meaning, given the rest of the book, is that she's lying and she not only has killed, she killed a puppy.

dshaffer

Pervy Catgirl Fancier
Validated User
I wouldnt read to much into it at this point. Nextwave's status in canon is 'It's what the characters perceived as happening, but a lot of it was the results of hallucinogenics and other mind altering substances'.

Susanoo Orbatos

Social Justice Huckster
Validated User
I maintain that the dog is fine, just a bit singed.

Anyway, with the continued success of Deadpool, it seems likely to me that someone will try to do Nextwave sooner rather than later.
AT least that's how I WOULD read it in a CMU scene.

Victim

Validated User
Narratively, that scene follows Monica insisting that, as an Avenger, she's not a killer. So its obvious meaning, given the rest of the book, is that she's lying and she not only has killed, she killed a puppy.
Or you might say that Monica has a principle of not using powers to kill precisely because she's also been an annoyed child with a deadly weapon wired to her whims.

Eric the .5b

Hail the Milleni-odel!
Validated User
Or you might say that Monica has a principle of not using powers to kill precisely because she's also been an annoyed child with a deadly weapon wired to her whims.
Or, doylistically, that Warren Ellis just hates dogs to a weird and off-putting degree, which he's very open about.

After all, Monica also flashes back to Captain America ordering her to go into the kitchen and make him a sandwich; I wouldn't worry about any of it fitting into any canon.

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Okay, let's have her burn kids in the movie version.

Moderator Text:

I don't know where you're going with this but cut it out.

Susanoo Orbatos

Social Justice Huckster
Validated User
Or, doylistically, that Warren Ellis just hates dogs to a weird and off-putting degree, which he's very open about.

After all, Monica also flashes back to Captain America ordering her to go into the kitchen and make him a sandwich; I wouldn't worry about any of it fitting into any canon.
....it was explicitly called out as stuff done by the beyonders in the lead up to most recent Secret wars. Like they were fucking with her reality.

Top Bottom