• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Captain Marvel spoiler discussion (**CONTAINS ALL THE SPOILERS**)

KaijuGooGoo

Not Woke until I’ve had my Coffee
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I had the impression that while he was not affected as much as Carol, the drive explosion had had some boosting effect on Yon-Rogg.

Daydreamer

Twin Son of the Bright Prince
Validated User
Saw it yesterday. Liked it. I feel like the plot arc of Carol re-discovering her memories could have had more emotional weight than it did, but everything else was just dandy. Samuel L. Jackson loving on a cat did not get old, even when we found out the cat was not a cat (I'm assuming that Mar-Vell brought Goose with her from space; did I miss a line where that was talked about?)

I like that Yon-Rogg survived the end of the film, because while he's not among the best of the MCU's villains, he's got potential. He struck me as someone who has morals, has a heart--but who doesn't make them his a priority over following orders, and thereby becomes a villain. I wonder if he really did feel a bit of pride buried underneath all that fear and frustration and anger he was hypocritically failing to control? It's hard not to work with the same person every day for six years without developing some kind of emotional attachment to them.

Last edited:

SuperG

Validated User
There was a line where Goose was stated to have been Mar-Vell's pet. "From space" is up to us to extrapolate.

Dropkicker

Part Time Dilettante
Validated User
B-2 was publicly disclosed and rolled out in 1988. There are rumors that there was a subscale test article earlier than that. I'd have to rewatch the movie to check if the aircraft shown us actually a full sized B-2.
Slightly more problematic are the F-22 and Global Hawk in the hangar. The former could have been a YF-22 but lets face it, the Air Force let the film use a bunch of its current platforms to add some cool visuals. It's a case of buying into PEGASUS being ahead of its time. ;)

Fortinbras

Agent of Dream
Validated User
I like that Yon-Rogg survived the end of the film, because while he's not among the best of the MCU's villains, he's got potential. He struck me as someone who has morals, has a heart--but who doesn't make them his a priority over following orders, and thereby becomes a villain. I wonder if he really did feel a bit of pride buried underneath all that fear and frustration and anger he was hypocritically failing to control? It's hard not to work with the same person every day for six years without developing some kind of emotional attachment to them.
I'm sure he was "proud" of her. In a condescending, "I'm actually proud of myself and think I'm responsible for you getting here," sort of way. I have not doubt that, in Yon-Rogg's mind, he was very fond of "Vers." But he is only fond of her on his terms. Hence the last scene, the whole, "prove yourself!" She knows better.

Daigoro

拝大五郎
Validated User
There's a short shot of the hangar here:
Spoiler: Show
Note that the hangar they visit is different to the airbase that is shown for the test flights in 1989. And there seem to be a couple of people moving around on the hangar floor as they're looking at it.

Top Bottom