Captain Marvel spoiler discussion (**CONTAINS ALL THE SPOILERS**)

ogier300

Validated User
The Nega Bands gave flying brick powers and were tied to the Negative Zone in some way. They were also (for some reason) forbidden technology amongst the Kree. Yon-rogg in the movie has some fancy tech gravity? generating glove things, it seemed to me.
Well, given how ANNIHILATION turned out for the Kree, perhaps forbidding tech that pokes the Negative Zone isn't a bad idea.

Law Orc

Concerned Citizen
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm sure he was "proud" of her. In a condescending, "I'm actually proud of myself and think I'm responsible for you getting here," sort of way. I have not doubt that, in Yon-Rogg's mind, he was very fond of "Vers." But he is only fond of her on his terms. Hence the last scene, the whole, "prove yourself!" She knows better.
I think they do still in a sense (and, just to be clear, not a romantic once) care about each other a fair bit.

He's been awful, lying to her and condescendingly kreesplaining at her for quite a while. He certainly is a bad mentor and a shitty friend. But as of the end she seems to see him as a former friend who needs to get his ass kicked and be shoved into a shuttle back to the planet of the Space Assholes, not a mortal enemy.

RK_Striker_JK_5

Validated User
Considering earlier, Carol versus Ronan? Ninety-nine times out of a hundred, I see it ending like this in short order:

And that one other time? Ronan surprises her and she's gotta work for beating his blue ass into the ground. :D

KaijuGooGoo

Not Woke until I’ve had my Coffee
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm sure he was "proud" of her. In a condescending, "I'm actually proud of myself and think I'm responsible for you getting here," sort of way. I have not doubt that, in Yon-Rogg's mind, he was very fond of "Vers." But he is only fond of her on his terms. Hence the last scene, the whole, "prove yourself!" She knows better.
He's also trying to save his butt, and getting her to voluntarily hold back was his only shot.

RK_Striker_JK_5

Validated User
Ah, valid, then. I mean, we don't see Ronan fight without the Infinity Stone, but considering he gets defeated when he has one, in a dance-off, well ...
No worries. I just don't read comics. I've literally only read one Spider-Man trade, Kraven's Last Hunt. I've never read any comic with Carol or Ronan or Skrulls or... well, my comic knowledge is nil-to-none.

I might wanna add that to my signature. :p

Top Bottom