• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Captain Marvel spoiler discussion (**CONTAINS ALL THE SPOILERS**)

Kevin Mowery

WAUGH!
Validated User
Residential Aerodromes are kind of common in semi-rural neighborhoods. There’s one about a mile from my house, which is about fourteen miles from downtown Portland, OR. When it was built in the 70s, this neighborhood was semi rural. Now it’s very suburban, but the aerodrome is still there.
Back when my dad had his private pilot's license, we flew down to see my aunt once because there was a small airfield a short walk away from her house in a sort of suburban/exurban part of West Virginia. With all the time it took to get to the airport, get the plane, fly down, and walk, we didn't really save any time off of just driving, so we didn't do it twice, but it was novel.

She didn't have a personal airfield, though, which is what it seemed like Maria had in the movie.

wheloc

He's trying real hard to be one of the good guys.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So, would anyone care to weigh-in on the creative decision to have Carol fighting barefoot for her first big fight scene? Her training barefoot in the beginning made sense, but I don't see why the Krull took off her boots in order to read her memories.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So, would anyone care to weigh-in on the creative decision to have Carol fighting barefoot for her first big fight scene? Her training barefoot in the beginning made sense, but I don't see why the Krull took off her boots in order to read her memories.
She was shackled on the memory reading machin both hands and feet (since she was upside down).
She manged to get her feet out of shackles but not her hand.
Ergo she was bare foot since the Skrull took of her boots to shackle her feet.

Mattheq

Validated User
That would explain why up till the movie all non-comic depitions of Rocket had a cockney accent

Doesn't explain why he was more angry and violent (as I said Rockets schtick in GotG, despite being the heavy weapons expert, was being the sane guy).
The second one is from Earth's Mightiest Heroes, isn't it? He's got an Australian accent in that.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The second one is from Earth's Mightiest Heroes, isn't it? He's got an Australian accent in that.
Yeah it EMH.
If I have messed up the accents it does get weird (through it follow the short standing tradition of "Pryde of the X-men" that the short furry angry guy should have an Australian accent).

Vargen

Validated User
The Rambeau Estate seemed to be just in a small town neighborhood, not a remote location. She had a shed on a pond/small-lake/the-bayou/whathaveyou, but she also had immediate neighbors and a relatively small front yard and what looked like street frontage to me.
Are you talking about when the grandparents showed up? I thought the other building you can see by the house was the nice outbuilding where the computer lived, not a neighbor's house. I wasn't paying real close attention though so I might be remembering wrong.

moondog548

Zip Zap Zoop!
Validated User
Are you talking about when the grandparents showed up? I thought the other building you can see by the house was the nice outbuilding where the computer lived, not a neighbor's house. I wasn't paying real close attention though so I might be remembering wrong.
I have no idea what you're talking about. o_O EDIT: Ok, nevermind I know what you mean now about "where the computer lived", but still don't remember grandparents...

I was just referring to my own (a bit hazy) memories of what we saw of the house, especially looking out the front door when the neighbor came over to ask if the boys could look at the plane (quinjet), and when Monica was outside with the skrull that looked like Maria. And as for the shed/pond where Maria and Carol had their heart to hearts, and where the skrull disguised as Carol was waiting for Yon-Rogg.

Vargen

Validated User
I have no idea what you're talking about.
Monica's grandparents. Maria's parents. I typed that before my morning coffee and wasn't clear enough. When they show up you can see the... I think of it as a barn, but we only ever see the computer room inside it so maybe barn isn't the exact correct word. Anyway, I remember seeing that where one might see a neighbor's house if that shot were in a suburban area.

As for the neighbor showing up, my read on that was he lived half a mile or more up the road. That could just be personal bias from spending a lot of time in rural Virginia.

moondog548

Zip Zap Zoop!
Validated User
Monica's grandparents. Maria's parents. I typed that before my morning coffee and wasn't clear enough. When they show up you can see the... I think of it as a barn, but we only ever see the computer room inside it so maybe barn isn't the exact correct word. Anyway, I remember seeing that where one might see a neighbor's house if that shot were in a suburban area.

As for the neighbor showing up, my read on that was he lived half a mile or more up the road. That could just be personal bias from spending a lot of time in rural Virginia.
I just have no memory of Rambeau Grandparents ha. Oh well!

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I just have no memory of Rambeau Grandparents ha. Oh well!
Maria called them to take care of Monica when she was going away on the mission, and they were able to get there within probably couple of hours.
She has neighbors living close enough to notice the Quinjet.

So she's not living in a place as isolated as the Barton farm.

Top Bottom