• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Captain Marvel spoiler discussion (**CONTAINS ALL THE SPOILERS**)

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
So I picked up the Blu Ray recently, here's some stuff from the deleted scenes:
- Who does Yon-Rogg see in the Supreme Intelligence? Himself, but taller. What a dick.
- We also get an alternative to the pre-sparring scene with Yon-Rogg teaching Kree kids to be paranoid
- Smile dude gets intimidated and it's very similar to Arnie in the biker bar at the start of Terminator 2 (down to the "give me your clothes and motorcycle" line.

suedenim

Validated User
- We also get an alternative to the pre-sparring scene with Yon-Rogg teaching Kree kids to be paranoid
This is the only deleted scene that I probably would have kept in. The Supreme Intelligence scene was fine, but is basically unneeded exposition, didn't really add anything we don't know or can't figure out. The bit with the motorcycle dude ends up making the point of that encounter too obvious (not that it's especially subtle as released.)

But the scene with the kids is really effective at fleshing out the Kree-Skrull conflict and Kree society, and clarifying things that might be a little confusing (e.g., showing that there are blue Kree and Kree in Earth human skin-tone ranges, but they're all part of the same race and apparently more-or-less equal.)

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
showing that there are blue Kree and Kree in Earth human skin-tone ranges, but they're all part of the same race and apparently more-or-less equal.)
Huh.
THat's diffrent then the comic Kree were Pink Skin Kree were second class citizens (since Kree are pretty much Spacer Nazis).

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
Yeah, I don't think any of the deleted scenes were needed, though I did appreciate the Terminator 2 reference.

HNutz

Knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men!
Validated User
Yeah, I don't think any of the deleted scenes were needed, though I did appreciate the Terminator 2 reference.
I dunno, this just felt mean-spirited like Man of Steel (when he throws the guy's semi truck into power lines).

suedenim

Validated User
Huh.
THat's diffrent then the comic Kree were Pink Skin Kree were second class citizens (since Kree are pretty much Spacer Nazis).
Well, the scene's not necessarily *in*consistent with that. All we know for sure is that blue, pink, and brown Kree kids apparently go to school together.

Top Bottom