• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Captain Marvel spoiler discussion (**CONTAINS ALL THE SPOILERS**)

RK_Striker_JK_5

Validated User
yeah, well, if you want Carol's adventures with the X-Men up to becoming Binary, in JJ Hall's thread they start here, which includes the aforementioned Unkindness done to her in Avengers 200, and shows why a lot of fans ship her with Spider-woman
I do know what the unkindness done to her was, actually. Linkara did a review of that issue. 'What the fuckity-fuck?!' is my most coherent response to what happened in that one. Rarity?

Yo! Master

"Delicious"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
How "going Binary" is used by readers (& even in the comics) nowadays is:

See, Carol is an energy-absorber. So, when she managed to absorb a ton of energy she gets super-charged - not to the permanent level as when she was Binary, but pretty close, making her one very powerful superhero & hard to actually take down (it can be done even with energy, just very hard).

And when she gets supercharged she usually exhibits traits of her original Binary appearance, like the red skin or the energy halo as hair..

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User
I mentioned it before, but Fury boasting about his state of the art two-way pager.
I loved that, for once, they played the trope of "aliens are befuddled by behind-the-times Earth technology", but they found ways to make us react the way that aliens do!

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
I loved that, for once, they played the trope of "aliens are befuddled by behind-the-times Earth technology", but they found ways to make us react the way that aliens do!
Yep! It’s not ‘what is this this thing’ exactly, it’s ‘how do you LIVE like this?!?’

*loading* *loading* *loading*

Also thought it was funny that she doesn’t know how to type because Kree interfaces are completely different (and apparently hilariously intuitive, judging by the kid...)

Isator Levie

Validated User
Yep! It’s not ‘what is this this thing’ exactly, it’s ‘how do you LIVE like this?!?’

*loading* *loading* *loading*
I remember the days when I kept trying to bug my Dad into taking us to visit my aunt, because her house had an Internet connection that could load pages in just five minutes, rather than twenty.

DarkStarling said:
Also thought it was funny that she doesn’t know how to type because Kree interfaces are completely different (and apparently hilariously intuitive, judging by the kid...)
Mind, even if they weren't, one unfamiliar with a QWERTY keyboard specifically would probably need to do it slowly.

Plus with however it is a universal translator accounts for written language.

Dave999

Validated User
I do know what the unkindness done to her was, actually. Linkara did a review of that issue. 'What the fuckity-fuck?!' is my most coherent response to what happened in that one. Rarity?
Carol Danvers' pregnancy/assault was so infamous, it covered up the fact she's had quite a few of other storylines forgotten.

For example, did you know Carol is an alcoholic (or was an alcoholic since it seems to have been forgotten)?

Of the black out, AA meeting attending kind?

Tony was her sponsor.

It was another time she got kicked out of the avengers for.

Kreuzritter

Validated User
Carol Danvers' pregnancy/assault was so infamous, it covered up the fact she's had quite a few of other storylines forgotten.

For example, did you know Carol is an alcoholic (or was an alcoholic since it seems to have been forgotten)?

Of the black out, AA meeting attending kind?

Tony was her sponsor.

It was another time she got kicked out of the avengers for.
worse yet, it was also compounded with a severe nerf to her powers so that she wouldn't be ridiculously OP. only upshot was that she was finally making regular appearances that eventually paid off with finally getting another solo series.. that also got derailed by Civil War and its related metaplot

Top Bottom