Captain Marvel spoiler discussion (**CONTAINS ALL THE SPOILERS**)

Coyote's Own

RPG.net's friendly neighborhood Nuwisha.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
You kn ow what would "hilarious":
Ronan cooperating with Skrull terrorist group (after going rogue) to provoke Kree in action (probably war against Xandar), before he became Thanos' catspaw.
I mean we've seen weirder alliances in our history.

JoeNotCharles

Validated User
Both could be Skrulls.
;)
I dunno if this has been brought up in this thread yet, but I saw a cute theory/factoid:

Spoiler: Show

Fury tells Carol a "secret that no Skrull would know": he can't eat toast when it's cut into triangles.

In Age of Ultron, Fury to shows up in Hawley's farmhouse and makes himself some toast - and cuts it into triangles.

Qwa'ha Xahn

High King of the Known Worlds
Validated User
I just had a thought. They won’t do it, but oh, how the babies would wail: Carol’s been in space since the nineties. Possibly, she’s been doing big things in Kree space during that time. Thor was active in Asgard (a major galactic power) during that time.
What if Thor’s heard of her? What if Thor geeked the fuck out upon meeting her? “Odin’s beard! You’re Captain Marvel! You’re famous! I’ve wanted to meet you for so long!” :ROFLMAO:

Raveled

Hail Tzeentch!
Validated User
I just had a thought. They won’t do it, but oh, how the babies would wail: Carol’s been in space since the nineties. Possibly, she’s been doing big things in Kree space during that time. Thor was active in Asgard (a major galactic power) during that time.
What if Thor’s heard of her? What if Thor geeked the fuck out upon meeting her? “Odin’s beard! You’re Captain Marvel! You’re famous! I’ve wanted to meet you for so long!” :ROFLMAO:
Shades of Vision; everyone is arguing about who is "Carol Danvers" woman is, whether they can trust her, why didn't Fury ever mention her, etc etc. Then Thor pops in and is like "the champion of the Skrulls? The one who defeated the Kree Supreme Intelligence? Of course she's a hero!"

JSpektr

Yes, that's me.
Validated User
Shades of Vision; everyone is arguing about who is "Carol Danvers" woman is, whether they can trust her, why didn't Fury ever mention her, etc etc. Then Thor pops in and is like "the champion of the Skrulls? The one who defeated the Kree Supreme Intelligence? Of course she's a hero!"
I think there are good chances Thor or Rocket will do exactly that.

Rocket geeking out about Captain Marvel, and Thor backing him up would be hilarious and awesome.

Coyote's Own

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Through Rocket might geek out over her fire power rather then heroic deeds.
Adn he's more likley to Geek out.
Thor more likely to see her a worthy Noble Warrior Hero sister-in-arms.

Kevin Mowery

WAUGH!
Validated User
Fury was CIA before he was SHIELD. He could have met Pierce at any point from the 1980s to the early '90s, and maybe even back to the '70s. I don't know if we know how old Fury actually is. We do know that he met Pierce when he was doing field ops for someone, but I don't know if it was SHIELD specifically. He was doing covert ops all over the world, so he could easily have changed his look more than once.

And the way I interpret the glass eye scene is that when Coulson drops them off, Fury knows his real eye is ruined. Everyone, maybe even Fury himself, thinks he'll just have it removed and go with a glass eye. But he ultimately decided to keep the bad eye and just wear a patch.

Coyote's Own

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Fury was CIA before he was SHIELD. He could have met Pierce at any point from the 1980s to the early '90s, and maybe even back to the '70s. I don't know if we know how old Fury actually is. We do know that he met Pierce when he was doing field ops for someone, but I don't know if it was SHIELD specifically. He was doing covert ops all over the world, so he could easily have changed his look more than once.
He emntioned he been at a desk for six years, so that would put last active duty 80's/90's break.
However as i mention it seems like swearing in ceremonie since both have their hands raised (rather then operational meeting).

ranson

"Two Sheds"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Didn't Fury get his commendation from Pierce for disobeying orders and rescuing Pierce's daughter in a hostage situation? Regardless of agency or rank, he damn well shook Fury's hand for a photo op after that. That could have been in any point prior to CM, and could have even been the catalyst that got Fury recruited to SHIELD.

Coyote's Own

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Didn't Fury get his commendation from Pierce for disobeying orders and rescuing Pierce's daughter in a hostage situation? Regardless of agency or rank, he damn well shook Fury's hand for a photo op after that. That could have been in any point prior to CM, and could have even been the catalyst that got Fury recruited to SHIELD.
I got a feeling Fury was alrady in SHIELD and working under Pierce when Bogoda happened.
Or higher up the food chain then he was CM.

As i said it a good excuse to rewatch Winter Soldier. Any excuse is good excuse to watch the best Marvel. ;)

Top Bottom