Captain Marvel spoiler discussion (**CONTAINS ALL THE SPOILERS**)

Kevin Mowery

WAUGH!
Validated User
As i said it a good excuse to rewatch Winter Soldier. Any excuse is good excuse to watch the best Marvel. ;)
I'll be back on my rewatch this weekend. I'm currently up to the first Captain America. If I can get through five movies this weekend, that'll be up through Winter Soldier. When I watch, I'll keep an eye out for timeline clues.

ranson

"Two Sheds"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Also, let's not forget that a bunch of superspies wouldn't be above altering a photo for propaganda purposes.

Matchstick

Validated User
I'll be back on my rewatch this weekend. I'm currently up to the first Captain America. If I can get through five movies this weekend, that'll be up through Winter Soldier. When I watch, I'll keep an eye out for timeline clues.
I'm going to start mine after I finish my GOT rewatch.

I was thinking of starting a thread for anyone rewatching any or all of the MCU films leading up to Endgame.

Fortinbras

Agent of Dream
Validated User
I think I recall Pierce saying that Fury brought HIM into SHIELD, or recommended him for the council, something along those lines. Though I could be wrong - Pierce's HYDRA connections imply that he had been involved in SHIELD before, and it may just be that Fury backed his appointment to the Council in replacement of Gideon Malick, not realizing that HYDRA was literally just shuffling one agent in for a previous (and frankly, less stable) one.

RazorSmile

Threadkiller
Validated User
All of this talk of tech makes me wonder if how the film presents Carol as readily jury-rigging various pieces of tech with a low base to work with amounts to Kree technology being so advanced and intuitive that even basic survival training can apply it to major purposes, or the film is casually portraying her as wicked smart.

Mind, even in the first option, she still makes good use of navigating a highly unfamiliar environment.

Oh, also there's a point that, through her actions, we get a sense of what one could accomplish with the amount of Kree technology that can fit on a single person.

Carol can adapt a pager to be capable of communicating across galaxies with bits off her suit, but Mar-Vell was limited to pre-existing Earth technology.
Given that Minevra (Minerva? Gemma Chan, green-skinned space sniper) has been to Earth before (as have other Kree) and that the Skrulls had no problem blending in, I would say Kree spec ops training covers survivalism in Earth-level planetary tech paradigms.

Also, the Ravagers had been to Earth before. Earth was no mystery to any of the big dogs out there.

Kevin Mowery

WAUGH!
Validated User
I'm pretty sure Minn-Erva's previous trip to Earth was shown in the film, when she's there with Yon-Rogg to get the lightspeed drive.

Coyote's Own

RPG.net's friendly neighborhood Nuwisha.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Given that Minevra (Minerva? Gemma Chan, green-skinned space sniper) has been to Earth before (as have other Kree) and that the Skrulls had no problem blending in, I would say Kree spec ops training covers survivalism in Earth-level planetary tech paradigms.
Minn-Erva.
She was one of Carol's villains.

Top Bottom