Captain Marvel spoiler discussion (**CONTAINS ALL THE SPOILERS**)

JamesG

Validated User
•Why does the Kree military uniform have a device that changes its color scheme? What possible use could that have? If it transformed her whole outfit into a different one, I could see it as useful for doing undercover work. But, all it seems to do is recolor it. That scene pulled me out of the movie for a moment.
A camouflage option maybe? Or just because "Why wouldn't we use the material that can change colour on demand?"

taschoene

RPGnet Member
Validated User
A camouflage option maybe? Or just because "Why wouldn't we use the material that can change colour on demand?"
Also, so you can switch from ceremonial to field colors without another uniform? I do sort of wish they'd shown it early on -- they could have had a moment when they went from green and white (old Captain Marvel colors ) to all dark green in the ship before the opening raid.

austenandrews

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I figured Marv-Ell was also a reference to Kal-El, considering Kree names are largely referential and Captain Marvel's OOC origin notably twists through other publishers.

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
•Why does the Kree military uniform have a device that changes its color scheme? What possible use could that have? If it transformed her whole outfit into a different one, I could see it as useful for doing undercover work. But, all it seems to do is recolor it. That scene pulled me out of the movie for a moment.
Because Carol Danvers is Commander Shepard I MEAN
This
Also, so you can switch from ceremonial to field colors without another uniform? I do sort of wish they'd shown it early on -- they could have had a moment when they went from green and white (old Captain Marvel colors ) to all dark green in the ship before the opening raid.
Or this. I really like the idea of the dress uniform and the combat uniform being the same suit but with different customization options.

JoeNotCharles

Validated User
We can see the suit reconfigure itself a couple of times - when it creates the helmets out of nothing, for instance. I figure the whole suit is nanotech extruded from the wrist computer, and being able to choose the colour of the particles just comes standard. It would have cost the military more to lock it to one colour and prevent the user from changing it than to just set one as the default and leave it at that.

Gwydion

I am #426
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Fury lying over something inconsequential? How utterly in character.
*If* it's intentional I don't think it's entirely inconsequential. He's testing her. And it gives his line of "you didn't really need that" a bit different slant.
Kevin

Maka445

Validated User
Canoflauge? As they exit the water in the Torfa scene their suits appear pure black.

Top Bottom