Captain Marvel spoiler discussion (**CONTAINS ALL THE SPOILERS**)

Slippery_jim_digriz

Stahle Ratte
Validated User
I mentioned it before, but Fury boasting about his state of the art two-way pager.
Hey!
Those were a Big Deal back then.
I carried one and thought it was Hot Shit.
It didn't hurt that I was a junior engineer for the project and was issued one.:D

Then the cell phone took off, the project tanked and eventually we all lost our jobs

Coyote's Own

RPG.net's friendly neighborhood Nuwisha.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I wondered if Ronan knew he was looking for the Tesseract and the "light speed engine" stuff was code to keep it quiet.
Possibly, but it unlikely he was Thanos catspaw at the time since he was an actual Accurser at the time.
THen again IIRC he did know the orb housed stone when he first got it.

CynoT

Nuclear Energy Advocate
RPGnet Member
Validated User
What I can't figure out is how there are two Tesseracts. One was destroyed so Thanos can get the Space Gem inside it. But the post-credit scene shows Goose hacking out the Tesseract on Fury's empty desk, which implies that it has been in Goose's stomach all this time and is not the one that Thanos destroyed.

In the comic books there were multiple Cosmic Cubes, but a. I thought a Tesseract is not a Cosmic Cube, and b. if this is not the Tesseract that contains the Space Gem, then what is in it?

Did I miss something in the movie?

Arethusa

Sophipygian
RPGnet Member
Validated User
What I can't figure out is how there are two Tesseracts. One was destroyed so Thanos can get the Space Gem inside it. But the post-credit scene shows Goose hacking out the Tesseract on Fury's empty desk, which implies that it has been in Goose's stomach all this time and is not the one that Thanos destroyed.

In the comic books there were multiple Cosmic Cubes, but a. I thought a Tesseract is not a Cosmic Cube, and b. if this is not the Tesseract that contains the Space Gem, then what is in it?

Goose horked out the tesseract onto a desk with (if memory serves) a huge clonky ancient computer on it and a paper map on the wall behind it.

Unless that was some sort of an ancient shrine to young Fury, I wonder if the flerken horked it out maybe only a little after the events of the Captain Marvel movie

Coyote's Own

RPG.net's friendly neighborhood Nuwisha.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yeah, the fact that Goose vomited up the tesseract before the vent of Thor, and possible ven before the event of Iron Man, since it unlikely the new resident of ther office(after Fury climbed up the ranks) would keep the office exactly the same, and at the same flurkin in the office.

JoeNotCharles

Validated User

Yeah, you missed that it was set in the 90's.

SamLL

My religion is kindness.
Validated User
In fairness, I can see how it could be a little confusing, since the mid-credits scene is set in the Avengers: Endgame timeframe in 2018 with Captain Marvel showing up to meet the Avengers, and then the post-credits scene is back in the main Captain Marvel timeframe in 1995.

CynoT

Nuclear Energy Advocate
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I guess? In my defense I don't consider the decor of the office to be an obvious clue. A lot of people keeps memorabilia. SamLL was right. I had assumed that the post-credit scene happened after the mid-credit scene. To me the empty desk was a reminder that Nick Fury was snapped away instead of just being out for lunch.

N0-1_H3r3

Bemused and Bewildered
Validated User
I guess? In my defense I don't consider the decor of the office to be an obvious clue. A lot of people keeps memorabilia. SamLL was right. I had assumed that the post-credit scene happened after the mid-credit scene. To me the empty desk was a reminder that Nick Fury was snapped away instead of just being out for lunch.
I figure it's less decor and more "Fury wouldn't still have that same office after he becomes Director of SHIELD".

Top Bottom