• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Captain Marvel website is up

Yo! Master

"Delicious"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Half way down the page there is a broken picture next to Coulson and Nick Fury. If you navigate to the URL it reads as follows:

Spoiler: Show
https://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/movies/captain-marvel/assets/images/fury/excelsior.jpg (emphasis mine...)
Spoiler: Show
Probably much less of a thing thank you think, as 'annihil.us' has been a Marvel sites thing for ages (I remember it being in use like a decade ago).

Monkey King

Your computer is literally haunted
Validated User
Although this is what the site would have looked like in the 90s (after probably 10 minutes of loading), for modern audiences I feel like it's missing at least one seizure-inducing gif animating at the speed of light because there was no delay set between frames.

Oh, and where's that spinning mailbox gif? You know the one.

Count_Zero

Game Master
Validated User
Although this is what the site would have looked like in the 90s (after probably 10 minutes of loading), for modern audiences I feel like it's missing at least one seizure-inducing gif animating at the speed of light because there was no delay set between frames.

Oh, and where's that spinning mailbox gif? You know the one.
I might have missed it - did they have any "Under Construction" animated gifs?

EDIT: I double-checked, and sadly they did not. Also, I think for really peak '90s, they'd need to have one of the options for the trailer to be in RealMedia format.

Last edited:

Loew

Validated User
this is the nerdiest promo by a big media company that I can remember. Quite cool!

A comment from my girlfriend: "I don't think sites in the 90s have had responsive design for mobile view, though ;) "

the webdesigner/programmer must have had a lot of fun with this

Tyrmatfrage

Validated User
A friend suggested that the website is an in-universe homage created by Kamala Khan and I would love it if that were true.

Garyfury

Implacable Mustelid
RPGnet Member
Validated User
A friend suggested that the website is an in-universe homage created by Kamala Khan and I would love it if that were true.
Sadly, I can't buy that. You had to have lived through that aesthetic to work it so hard.

Top Bottom