• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Cartoon Network Pilot] INFINITY TRAIN [Fingers Crossed For This Becoming A Full Series]

Arizona

Validated User
I can't express my glee that they're actually going through with it. It comes across as a somewhat brainier take on Adventure Time, with stylistic and thematic cues from Gravity Falls thrown in.

Plus, as mentioned above, it has Ernie Hudson as a cute dog who's also a king.

PenguinZero

Wark!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I like that Tulip's entire journey, including all of the train cars she'll be visiting, is already planned out. A series like this can really come down to whether it sticks the ending or not, and having plans all the way through is a good sign. (Mind you, I wouldn't be surprised if things get tweaked a bit along the way as they get better ideas or see the characters grow differently than they expected, but just having the plan is a good framework to grow from.)

Isator Levie

Validated User
I think it's a pity that her design needs to be altered, although I'm sure that I'll get used to it.

PenguinZero

Wark!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I did like her original design, but the new one looks pretty good, too. Keeping the sharp chin would be nice, but I'm sure I'll get used to it in time. And it's a relatively mild change compared to, for instance, how Steven Universe changed from the pilot to the actual series.

Isator Levie

Validated User
Okay, the revised art style is doing it for me.

And my God, but they do seem to be going for a much more menacing tone than I was expecting.

PenguinZero

Wark!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Interesting to see bits of Tulip's home life, before she gets on the train -- and also that the numbers on her hand were there before she boarded. I'm really eager to get into the mysteries of the setting now -- not that I wasn't before! This can't come soon enough for my tastes. (Of course, knowing modern scheduling trends, we'll probably be in feast-or-famine mode for years, with long gaps punctuated by bursts of new episode releases, but that's something we all have to live with these days. And shows like Steven Universe have survived and even thrived despite it.)

catmandrake

Validated User
Of course, knowing modern scheduling trends, we'll probably be in feast-or-famine mode for years, with long gaps punctuated by bursts of new episode releases, but that's something we all have to live with these days. And shows like Steven Universe have survived and even thrived despite it.
Apparently, that is what the networks have determined is the best way to maintain viewership and buzz for a non-streaming animated show with continuity. At least the initial burst of episodes is frequently the biggest one. We may get up to half of the first season within the first few months of its airing.

Mark me down as another one looking forward to this series. And that's coming from someone who does not think corgwn* are the cutest things ever.

*That is apparently the proper plural of corgi. Seriously. :confused:

Shay Guy

Validated User
Seems to be one advantage of anime's piecemeal production-committee funding process -- when the network doesn't wholly own the show (often not even in part), they have to sell the timeslots to the committee as a block instead of shuffling airdates around willy-nilly.

Top Bottom