Castles & Crusades: Player's Opinions?

Hmm. I like the Fighting Style options. Maybe one for each Prime...
That would work just fine, especially since it's your own game as CK.
It would also help define the different Fighter types everyone likes to talk about: the intelligent fighter with an Int prime, the nimble fighter with a Dex prime, etc.

dave

Nifelhein

Struggling with GaMing
I was just joking with that remark of course.

I even re-read the thread. While I am not yet convinced about C&C, having been underwhelmed the first time I read it, this thread has given me enough pause to think I may have dismissed it without a more proper evaluation (i.e. playing it).

Thus I have arranged to give it another chance.

Lets see what will be in the pie: More Raspberries or Humble Crow. :D
let us know how it fares in play compared to how it felt when you first read it. ;)

Just jumping back into the thread to note that I finally gave in and ordered C&C. Looking forward to reading the game!
I hope you enjoy it, there are tons fo good things you can get that others did for it, there are more than a dozen new classes done by two good designers of RPG (not C&C designers though) and lots of good things on cncplayer.net

:)

Vargold

AKA MalteseChangeling
Validated User
I hope you enjoy it, there are tons fo good things you can get that others did for it, there are more than a dozen new classes done by two good designers of RPG (not C&C designers though) and lots of good things on cncplayer.net
That's a great site. I do think that I will be avoiding most net-classes, though. The classes in the main book cover the bulk of the archetypes I'd want to see in an old-school fantasy game; the net-classes tend to get more specific than I like. Although I would be interested in a minstrel class: the official Bard class is interesting, but Nordic skald sort of rules out Allan-a-Dale types.

simontmn

Validated User
That's a great site. I do think that I will be avoiding most net-classes, though. The classes in the main book cover the bulk of the archetypes I'd want to see in an old-school fantasy game; the net-classes tend to get more specific than I like. Although I would be interested in a minstrel class: the official Bard class is interesting, but Nordic skald sort of rules out Allan-a-Dale types.
I like the netbook classes that cover core multiclass combos, like Friar (Rogue-Cleric), Spellsword (Fighter-Wizard) and Knave (Rogue-Wizard). I also did myself a Swashbuckler (Fighter-Rogue) class. Not so keen on classes that are just Fighter+, Paladin+, etc.

pacalypse

Validated User
Just jumping back into the thread to note that I finally gave in and ordered C&C. Looking forward to reading the game!
Hey just wanted to give you the heads up that there are multi-classing rules for free at the Troll Lords site and on Dragonsfoot. Oh yeah, enjoy the books and welcome to the crusade.

Vargold

AKA MalteseChangeling
Validated User
Hey just wanted to give you the heads up that there are multi-classing rules for free at the Troll Lords site and on Dragonsfoot. Oh yeah, enjoy the books and welcome to the crusade.
You're welcome. I've been marking time while waiting for the books to arrive by working on a pantheon for the campaign. 3 elder gods (the NG god of Light, the TN goddess of the Earth, the NE god of Darkness) and their 6 children (the god of Light's daughters by the goddess of the Earth, the LG goddess of Discipline and the CG goddess of Passion; the goddess of the Earth's autochthonic twin sons, the LN god of Death and the CN god of Growth; and the god of Darkness's children by the goddess of the Earth, the LE god of Tyranny and the CE god of Insurrection). No names yet, but a good start on a cosmology.

Top Bottom