• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Cats Movie first trailer

Isator Levie

Validated User

I've had some doubts around this project a few announcements back, with a feeling that it might treat the subject a bit more literally than it's really meant to be. And at the start something felt a bit off in the trailer.

But then it got to the point where it became apparent that they're stylising this with the people actually having something like the scale of cats, and... I feel as though this might just be... weird enough to work. Like, use film method and technique to realise the oddities of Cats in a new way, while also making something distinct from any other film.

awesomeocalypse

Validated User
this looks genuinely nightmarish. like someone saw the first sonic trailer and asked "what if that, but every single character?". i suspect it is intentionally offputting to generate attention, but im skeptical that will translate to actual ticket sales

Isator Levie

Validated User
this looks genuinely nightmarish. like someone saw the first sonic trailer and asked "what if that, but every single character?". i suspect it is intentionally offputting to generate attention, but im skeptical that will translate to actual ticket sales
Weird visuals? In Cats? Perish the thought.

Why, I remember when I saw a dinner theater production on holiday, and all of the performers were in crisp business suits on a blank white stage. :p

DailyRich

Damn fool idealist
Validated User
I do have to give them credit for having a vision and totally committing to it. Just pretty sure they needed to get their vision checked.

Top Bottom