• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Cats Movie first trailer

Thornhammer

More Ullish in Hue
Validated User
Having this open the same day as Star Wars is certainly a choice.
It’s either an absolutely heroic amount of confidence or “drive this fucking thing into the desert and bury it deeper than Atari buried all those copies of ET.”

Quite a cast they have there.

-Thornhammer

taschoene

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Is Cats supposed to take place in a post-apocalyptic urban wasteland? Because that's the vibe I'm getting here.

Arethusa

Sophipygian
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I ... I can’t tell if she’s being sarcastic, but from her tweets it sounds like Lindsay Ellis is really looking forward to this.

I do applaud the creatives behind this for leaving behind the foofy ‘eighties aesthetic of the old costuming. I ... can’t say I was expecting naked CGI furries, exactly, but they do seem an improvement over the old Elfquest-style keekats.

Those lips are kinda weird. I appreciate their using the ears’ movements to show expression.

And holy ca— um, cow ... that cast.

My dad gave me a first printing of the book, a long time ago. They were cute poems.

I honestly don’t know what to make of this.

Vael

Validated User
... This seems like a glorious failure and I'm so going to watch this. If the CGI cats don't give me nightmares.

King Snarf

Validated User
Having this open the same day as Star Wars is certainly a choice.
If there were a Venn Diagram of "Star Wars fans" and "People Who Go See Oscar Bait Movie Adaptations Of Broadway Musicals", I'm betting the overlap isn't going to be all that large.

Speaking of, there needs to be more musical numbers in Star Wars movies.

Menocchio

Eccentric Thousandaire
Validated User
It's a cringey CGI adaptation of what was already a cringey musical. This is going to be a glorious trainwreck.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
I'm kind of surprised it took this long to get a Cats movie made, I mean even in the 90's I saw ads for this play on TV all the time.

I checked on TVtropes and apparently the movie has been in development hell for years.

My question is this: Since you're not really restricted by the needs stage, why not just make them actual cgi animated cats? I mean yeah then you miss out on the dancing I guess but is that really the big draw? No we're getting these tiny cat people. I mean this looks like you stumbled into a weird orgy at the Thundercats place.

King Snarf

Validated User
I'm kind of surprised it took this long to get a Cats movie made, I mean even in the 90's I saw ads for this play on TV all the time.

I checked on TVtropes and apparently the movie has been in development hell for years.

My question is this: Since you're not really restricted by the needs stage, why not just make them actual cgi animated cats? I mean yeah then you miss out on the dancing I guess but is that really the big draw? No we're getting these tiny cat people. I mean this looks like you stumbled into a weird orgy at the Thundercats place.
Again, Oscar bait. The Academy needs to be practically forced to nominate an animated movie for Best Picture.

Top Bottom