• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Champions LARP?

Matt-M-McElroy

What Are You Afraid Of?
Validated User
Anyone here play or run the Champions: The Live-Action Roleplaying Game from Silverback Press?

I've long been curious about the possibilities of a supers LARP, but haven't had the chance (other than the way some folks do Vampire as supers with fangs if you get my drift). I heard about a Heroes tv series inspired LARP at Gen Con one year, but missed it as I was working the DTRPG booth in the exhibit hall.

So, anyway...Champions? Yes? No?

-MMM

Lord Stilt-Man

Incomplete Bastard
Validated User
Very, very subscribed. A Heroes style Larp is something I've wanted to try forever so I'm very interested in seeing people's experiences.

Theron

The Best Legionnaire
Validated User
I have never LARPed before (unless you count SCA stuff, and I don't). Color me intrigued.

nightwind1

Validated User
I have never LARPed before (unless you count SCA stuff, and I don't). Color me intrigued.
Didn't you see the announcement for this when it was announced on the HERO boards back in... 2012? (I think). I think it came out in 2013?

The interesting thing is that is uses a stopwatch for a numerical randomizer for attacks and such.

Theron

The Best Legionnaire
Validated User
Didn't you see the announcement for this when it was announced on the HERO boards back in... 2012? (I think). I think it came out in 2013?

The interesting thing is that is uses a stopwatch for a numerical randomizer for attacks and such.
I didn't spend much time there after [REDACTED TO AVOID CROSS-BOARD DRAMA].

Anyway, this bears some checking out.

Omega

Validated User
Looks interesting. But seems a bit pricy for a PDF? Though it is around 150 pages.

One though has to wonder how much is just retreads of the Champions rules and setting?

Lost Demiurge

4th level Cosmic Monarch
Validated User
There used to be a local home-grown superheroes LARP in my neck of the woods. Very simple stuff, made for low-powered settings. Think "The Tick" as far as setting goes, lots of humor and tongue-in-cheek bits.

It kept things simple, I think the rules were about ten pages long. Good times, gone too soon when the owners moved on.

Omega

Validated User
My favourite superhero LARP set is "Shades of Gray" for Cthulhu Live. It introduces playing pulp era heroes and gives examples like The Spider, The Avenger, and my favourite, G-8: The Flying Spy. As well as ideas for playing Noir style detectives.

Top Bottom