• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Changing Vampire the Masquerade to a different system

Ghola

Veteran of 100k psychic wars
Validated User
If you happen to have it, Smallville is a no-brainer for this. The Relationship/Value aspects of that game would make the social jockeying of Vampire much more interesting.
The Cortex Hackers' Guide has 'Vampville" which is pretty much designed for this. Translating the Disciplines would take some work but no less than most conversions.

Nicholas Carter

Validated User
Powered by the Dark is a Monsterhearts conversion specifically for WoD
Another I've worked on, but not actually played, is using Don't Rest Your Head: Exhaustion Dice are now Hunger Dice. Madness Dice are now Beast Dice. Your Physical Talent is now a General Discipline, and your Madness Talent is now a Specialized Discipline, based on your clan.
Very little else need change mechanically.

Starcrash

Validated User
Powered by the Dark is a Monsterhearts conversion specifically for WoD
Another I've worked on, but not actually played, is using Don't Rest Your Head: Exhaustion Dice are now Hunger Dice. Madness Dice are now Beast Dice. Your Physical Talent is now a General Discipline, and your Madness Talent is now a Specialized Discipline, based on your clan.
Very little else need change mechanically.
I like this (DRYH).

Godfatherbrak

Validated User
The Cortex Hackers' Guide has 'Vampville" which is pretty much designed for this. Translating the Disciplines would take some work but no less than most conversions.
As long as you had the descriptions of the Disciplines, they'd be simple to switch to Smallville. Just the basic abilities as the description and then decide what to do with the Triggers for d4, d8, and d12.

TheMouse

garmonbozia
Validated User
City of Mist would work well, I think.
I've caught myself a couple of times thinking of City of Mist as a pretty passable replacement to a lot of World of Darkness stuff, even if I think it's a bit more well aimed at something like American Gods. Either way, yeah. It should be a good fit for Vampire. You just need to make honest attempts to make appropriate characters, and you're most of the way there without any mechanical changes.

Although I think it'd be an even better fit for something more like Changeling: the Dreaming.

Ravian

Validated User
I've tinkered with a Savage Worlds idea. Powers are the main issue, as World of Darkness prefers to prioritize utility powers while Savage Worlds is geared towards combat powers.

Still think it could work though, with enough work on it.

vini_lessa

Validated User
Undying is a Vampire only PbtA RPG that is intended to track vampires over many generations. Its diceless and has some cool ideas, though I still prefer Urban Shadows.
I was going to suggest Undying myself. We played it and had a blast.

Top Bottom