• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Chicago RPG shops?

Akrasia

Lord of Procrastination
Validated User
Could any folks familiar with downtown Chicago pass along any info concerning decent RPG shops in the area?

The wider the RPG selection the better. And if they carry OOP material, that would be even better.

Many thanks! :)

Jdidgits

Registered Loser
Validated User
Good luck. I lived in Chicago for ten years (1993-2003) and I could never find a decent game store. There was Gamer's Paradise on the Northside which had some stuff - not a lot, really. I once found a little place on the Southside, in Bridgeport (can't remember the name) but all it carried was a handful of d20 stuff and certainly nothing OOP. I was stuck travelling to Rockford to a really good comic/game store there. Alas, they are now closed, as well.

Dead Parrot

Right Wing Nut!
Games Plus is where you want to go. It's in Elk Grove in the northern suburbs, but damn do they have a GREAT selection of games!

Saint&Sinner

Validated User
There's also Gamers Asylum in Evanstown (north of downtown). Pretty good although small.

And there is the bit about the employee telling me I wasn't welcome there after I bought my stuff. :eek:

Zad Wallop

Recovering User
Validated User
Games Plus is where you want to go. It's in Elk Grove in the northern suburbs, but damn do they have a GREAT selection of games!

I second Games Plus. Great selection, nice staff, cool atmosphere.

Here's a link to their web page.

(Also GP is located in Mount Prospect not Elk Grove)

CelticTony

Validated User
Could any folks familiar with downtown Chicago pass along any info concerning decent RPG shops in the area?

The wider the RPG selection the better. And if they carry OOP material, that would be even better.

Many thanks! :)
Best choices that are reasonably near the loop are:

Chicagoland Games - lots of board games. Big gaming space. Convenient to red line.

Black Sun Games - lots of miniatures. 40K and FoW. Long walk from the brown line.

Neither has much in the way of OOP stuff I don't think. There could also be other stores that I am unaware of...

Akrasia

Lord of Procrastination
Validated User
Thanks for the replies, folks :) (even if they have been somewhat depressing :().

Web Warlock

Ghost of Albion
Validated User
Games Plus may be in Mount Prospect and a bit of drive from the Loop.

But it is worth it.

It is by far the best game store I have ever been to in my 30+ years of gaming.

Nice, friendly staff that are knowledgeble about a lot of games.
HUGE gaming room.

If they don't have it in store they can get it for you fast.

Honestly, if you are in the Mid-West Games Plus should be like Mecca. You need to go at least once in your life.

Tim

Top Bottom