OOC [Chuubo]Unbearable Legacies of Forsyth: A Horizon Gothic Campaign

Brontes

Validated User
I've got all of the people up now, I hope Taldin does not mind me trying to nudge him a bit.

Brontes

Validated User
It's been almost a week, so I'd like to check if there's anything some of you need help with?

Jive Professor

Trying to fly
Validated User
Perhaps I'm missing the obvious, but I'm at something of loss for what to do exactly? Am I thinking too passively and need to act more?

FrivYeti

Yeti On The Lam!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The usual guideline is that if you don't know what to do, take a look at your quest triggers, pick one, and then use your powers or Intentions to alter situations to make it happen.

I sort of feel like we might be at a scene switch, though. We gathered in the parlour and discussed the reasons why we're here while we wait for the reading of the will, several of us took XP actions, and a few triggers were triggered. That's probably good for a first scene. I can (and am about to) post a reaction to Roman from Samuel, but I've been stalling because it won't move the plot forward much and I was hoping to think of something that would.

JohnStargazer

Validated User
Sorry, I'd been slow to respond at first because I wasn't sure how to respond or what I wanted to do with the scene...

And then I got a nasty cold and ended up so messed up by my medication I thought I'd posted to the absences thread four times and never did.

Roger

Validated User
My ward, Helena Williams, who rejected my stewardship, a special key to a special place in the manor. May it be a refuge to you as it was mine.
My brother, Fingal, who ran away from the family, a weapon of our mother's. May we alone remember all that she did.
My familiar, Taldin, who has seen much, a single puzzle box containing one of my best-kept treasures.
My creation, Grendel, who left like Helena before him, a single mask. What value you find in it is up to you.
My butler, Samuel Titov, with whom the staff was bound to me, the contract to your employment. You alone might get to leave.
Jordan Kanda, who provided me a small comfort in the twilight of my life, a collection of my most secretive books.
The game is afoot!

I kinda feel like maybe we shouldn't split the party six ways immediately.

Maybe we could decide on one central hook to concentrate on first, and see how that goes.

My vote, not that we have to vote necessarily, is for Helena Williams and her special place. It feels like the sort of thing we could all kinda tag along with.

Anyway, that's just what I'm thinking at the moment.

Cheers,
Roger (Jordan Kanda)

JohnStargazer

Validated User
Oh! Yes, definitely. I was so busy wondering if it was appropriate to my generic quest I never thought to ask if it was appropriate for a regular XP action.

Top Bottom