OOC [Chuubo]Unbearable Legacies of Forsyth: A Horizon Gothic Campaign

Brontes

Validated User
The game is afoot!

I kinda feel like maybe we shouldn't split the party six ways immediately.

Maybe we could decide on one central hook to concentrate on first, and see how that goes.

My vote, not that we have to vote necessarily, is for Helena Williams and her special place. It feels like the sort of thing we could all kinda tag along with.

Anyway, that's just what I'm thinking at the moment.

Cheers,
Roger (Jordan Kanda)
Hrm, in my experience, it's pretty hard to play Chuubo's and not wind up splitting into two to three groups, though ideally quests are designed so that you can usually try and do something even if the focus of the scene or chapter isn't really on you (Maybe Grendel can solve a problem in Helena's mystery realm with his mask fixation, or Taldin can experience strange transformations when Fingal accidentally escalates the situation according to his quest).

That said, I have been working on an HG Group Quest to help ease us into the transition. A sort of casual 'this is what life in Forsyth Manor looks like.' HG Quests have a few caveats to them, but I mostly treat them in the following manner:

A) I allow 1 action per player per chapter, rather than only 1 action per chapter.
B) HG Quests usually only provide story progression as a reward, but I allow players to receive a minor Perk or bonus from completing them (though it doesn't count toward Arc progression). In this case probably Connection 1 - Forsyth Manor or a similar ability.
C) This is where any XP I might earn will wind up. I mostly only expect you guys to hit quest actions rather than dumping XP.

Getting Acquainted with Manor Living (18 XP)

* 3 XP - You survive a night with Benita Stain. Or not.
* 3 XP - You receive a mysterious pound from Walsh Porter
* 3 XP - Your unfamiliarity with manor living (or time spent away) results in a serious faux pas.

* 1 XP - A strange encounter with one of the denizens of the manor.
* 1 XP - You help one of the support staff or a tenant with a daily task.
* 1 XP - An attempt to escape Porter or Stain ends in failure.
* 1 XP - You try to stave off a conflict, only for events to accelerate in some manner.
* 1 XP - You get lost in an unfamiliar area.
* 1 XP - The room/manor exhibits an unsettling property, often unprompted. (Manor Wall stuff adjudicated as needed).

Brontes

Validated User
I'm going to try and get a post together, but it's going to be a busy set of weeks as I work a job and prepare my parents' place for memorial day. Anything anyone need help with otherwise?

Roger

Validated User
That should be fine, but if we're going on a little break, it could be an in-game time-lapse as well, with all of us, I dunno, adjusting to our new-found loot and generally sort of carrying on with life. Or not! Just going to throw it out there.

MrPrim

Bleak Academic
Validated User
That should be fine, but if we're going on a little break, it could be an in-game time-lapse as well, with all of us, I dunno, adjusting to our new-found loot and generally sort of carrying on with life. Or not! Just going to throw it out there.
Maybe in our next scene we've all moved into our quarters on site.

Roger

Validated User
Jordan and I are alive! And, I dunno, slumming around in the guest house, I guess.

Brontes

Validated User
Grendel?

If you want Jordan, I can give you an individual prompt, but I'm going to do something for FrivYeti real quick.

Fluorite

Sparkly and salty
Validated User
Are we allowed to give Emotion XP out retroactively? Because I just realized I forgot to give Grendel some for the scene where he was trying to stealth-eat biscuits, and he really deserved an Aww!

Top Bottom