Hrm, in my experience, it's pretty hard to play Chuubo's and not wind up splitting into two to three groups, though ideally quests are designed so that you can usually try and do something even if the focus of the scene or chapter isn't really on you (Maybe Grendel can solve a problem in Helena's mystery realm with his mask fixation, or Taldin can experience strange transformations when Fingal accidentally escalates the situation according to his quest).The game is afoot!
I kinda feel like maybe we shouldn't split the party six ways immediately.
Maybe we could decide on one central hook to concentrate on first, and see how that goes.
My vote, not that we have to vote necessarily, is for Helena Williams and her special place. It feels like the sort of thing we could all kinda tag along with.
Anyway, that's just what I'm thinking at the moment.
Roger (Jordan Kanda)
That said, I have been working on an HG Group Quest to help ease us into the transition. A sort of casual 'this is what life in Forsyth Manor looks like.' HG Quests have a few caveats to them, but I mostly treat them in the following manner:
A) I allow 1 action per player per chapter, rather than only 1 action per chapter.
B) HG Quests usually only provide story progression as a reward, but I allow players to receive a minor Perk or bonus from completing them (though it doesn't count toward Arc progression). In this case probably Connection 1 - Forsyth Manor or a similar ability.
C) This is where any XP I might earn will wind up. I mostly only expect you guys to hit quest actions rather than dumping XP.
Getting Acquainted with Manor Living (18 XP)
* 3 XP - You survive a night with Benita Stain. Or not.
* 3 XP - You receive a mysterious pound from Walsh Porter
* 3 XP - Your unfamiliarity with manor living (or time spent away) results in a serious faux pas.
* 1 XP - A strange encounter with one of the denizens of the manor.
* 1 XP - You help one of the support staff or a tenant with a daily task.
* 1 XP - An attempt to escape Porter or Stain ends in failure.
* 1 XP - You try to stave off a conflict, only for events to accelerate in some manner.
* 1 XP - You get lost in an unfamiliar area.
* 1 XP - The room/manor exhibits an unsettling property, often unprompted. (Manor Wall stuff adjudicated as needed).