Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine - Kickstarter thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris J

Validated User
The Kickstarter has begun!

For those of you who don't know, Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine is the latest game by Jenna Moran, author of RPG classics such as Nobilis, Weapons of the Gods, and contributor to Exalted's Games of Divinity and Exalted: the Sidereals. It's a pastoral adventure game that spins off from the mortals rules for Nobilis, to create a laid-back fantasy series with a structure similar to games like Persona 4 or shows like Kamichu!, while scaling up to the high adventure and mysticism of something like Revolutionary Girl Utena.

This Kickstarter will scale up to include the hardcover Chuubo core, the first setting book, Fortitude: By the Docks of Big Lake, and the first campaign, The Glass-Maker's Dragon.

I don't want to exaggerate or anything, but The Glass-Maker's Dragon is the best thing Jenna Moran ever wrote.

You can check out the previous spoiler thread, and Jenna and the other playtesters and I will be on tap to answer your questions about the game. Please consider making Town your new home!
I must be getting old, almost everything you said there, went right over my head

Last edited:

Susanoo Orbatos

Social Justice Huckster
Validated User
I wrote the Fireman's election thingie. I'm pretty sure. It was a really long time ago but it's what I remember.

awww not the completely lacking interaction one where we get to watch two super powerful men fight it out and have no way of altering the outcome?

ADamiani

Will GM For Food
Validated User
This will go lovely right next to Golden Sky Stories.
Yeah, there's a real comparison there!

--- Post Updated ---

awww not the completely lacking interaction one where we get to watch two super powerful men fight it out and have no way of altering the outcome?
That was a good book! It's marred because the big finale setpeice is one of the worst scenarios White Wolf ever wrote, but I genuinely liked much of it.

thenorm42

Validated User
Just a quick question - will international people need to add anything for delivery if we take a physical product reward like the Engineer level?

Edit: Oops, sorry, re-read the reward tiers, it does say to add $10 for physical books outside the US.

Last edited:

Skycroft

Space Wizard
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yes! So many good Kickstarter projects, one after the other.

Albeit, this is the only one I invested in more than the first tier. Being publicly thanked by Jenna is worth it, though*.

*I have empirically determined this. For Science.

Just a quick question - will international people need to add anything for delivery if we take a physical product reward like the Engineer level?
+ 10$, unless Art Sponsor or higher.

Last edited:

Jenna Moran

Validated User
Heehee.

I was really happy to see that going up on kickstarter and doing well---similar enough to help build the market, different enough to not be a direct competitor, and quite possibly the sign that I'm towards the front of a wave. ^_^

Best wishes,

Jenna

Jenna Moran

Validated User
Yes! So many good Kickstarter projects, one after the other.

Albeit, this is the only one I invested in more than the first tier. Being publicly thanked by Jenna is worth it, though*.

*I have empirically determined this. For Science.
Heeheehee! Thank you again. ^_^

CrownedSun

Validated User
It's a little weird that I'm probably going to wait for the Exalted Kickstarter to end before I contribute to this, though I'm fully aware that this is completely illogical and the actual payment from Kickstarter won't be made until July. None the less.. oh well... that is, after all, the way of things!

Jenna Moran

Validated User
It's a little weird that I'm probably going to wait for the Exalted Kickstarter to end before I contribute to this, though I'm fully aware that this is completely illogical and the actual payment from Kickstarter won't be made until July. None the less.. oh well... that is, after all, the way of things!
So it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom