Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine: Pastoral Post-Kickstarter Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eco-Mono

Validated User
Once again, we begin a new thread for discussing Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine.

An introduction to the game, cribbed from previous threads:
For those of you who don't know, Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine is the latest game by Jenna Moran, author of RPG classics such as Nobilis, Weapons of the Gods, and contributor to Exalted's Games of Divinity and Exalted: the Sidereals. It's a pastoral adventure game that spins off from the mortals rules for Nobilis, to create a laid-back fantasy series with a structure similar to games like Persona 4 or shows like Kamichu!, while scaling up to the high adventure and mysticism of something like Revolutionary Girl Utena.
The game has had a successful round of Kickstarter funding, guaranteeing a professional-quality art and layout budget, and while it's currently in the dark valley between "no longer backable" and "public release", previews continue to trickle in.

In the meantime, I'm sure we have plenty to discuss. :D

Last edited:

David J Prokopetz

Social Justice Henchman
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Hrm, a scenario that ends up with dozens of extra Seizhi Schwanns could be super fun!
Though it would be awfully mean to put him in that position. Sure, he had that little "all-devouring horror from beyond reality assimilating everything in his path" phase when he was younger, but he's moved past all that, and doesn't like to be reminded of it. It's just not what he wants out of life.

(He'd rather be... a lumberjack!)

MrPrim

Bleak Academic
Validated User
They'd go around blasting each orher with the NOT SEIZHI SCHWANN power and making things quite confusing.

EDIT: hrm, i hope they fix this double post issue soon.

Last edited:

Ikelos

Weaver of Dreams
Validated User
Sooo... Does anyone happen to have any idea on when an ETA might be on a digital release? I know things are sorta in flux, but any news? I'm really, really looking forward to this game.

Baffle Mint

Eastern Bloc Robot Cowboy
Validated User
Sooo... Does anyone happen to have any idea on when an ETA might be on a digital release? I know things are sorta in flux, but any news? I'm really, really looking forward to this game.
Here's the official Rand Brittain word last time I asked, a few days ago:

/checks watch

[December's] probably not very likely at this point. Paolo was sick this week but layout is still going on. At the current rate of progress I think we might have the PDF ready sometime in January?

Since you've waited so patiently, have a look at some more rough art, this time featuring the Idol!

Brontes

Validated User
Year, there are too few PbPs... and I'm already in most of them!
Well, this inspired a bad idea, wherein in future Chuubo's games I play the same character over and over who has knowledge of their presence/actions in other games they're a PC in. I imagine Become Somebody or Reality Syndrome is an appropriate Arc.

How many games are there? I think four not counting the IRC game.

AsgarZigel

Has Gone Matchmaker Mad
Validated User
I'm in my own game (Far Roofs), Skycrofts Glass Makers Dragon, Prims Mysteries of School and an IRC game HWSOD runs. Then there is Chuubostuck. And Rand is/was also running an IRC game I think? Cryptico has at least played a one-shot on Google+.
I think there's a fair number of games going on.

I don't think the game will be much bigger than Nobilis even when it comes out eventually. It seems pretty niche to me still, unless you can get the anime or homestuck crowd really into it somehow. (The appeal is at least potentially there)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom